Thursday 30 October 2014

Nearly the witching hour

Halloween is nearly here and although my children were born in the late 1980s, when only our friends over the water knew the meaning of trick or treat, I still like to give my "babies" a treat. I love finding Halloween chocolate and making some fun tags which I use to tie up my little gift bags.
These were my finds this year.
 My daughter adores Cadbury's creme eggs and this year I chuckled when I found "screme" eggs. I have no idea if inside the goo is yellow or green! 


 Boo!
 My personal favourite chocolates...Lindor...in Halloween black and orange
A girlie version of the spider. I honestly love spiders but if I saw a pink one walking around that really would make me shriek! Although  I know my dear friend Mia would love pink spiders ;0)
Now our Daisy is too young to eat chocolate so I decided to buy her a Halloween board book as even though she is not quite 1 she loves her bedtime stories. I choose Room on the Broom, written by the same author as The Gruffalo and Stick Man, such brilliant books.
I wrapped it up in some spider web paper I stamped and then added my inky tag for her.

You will have already seen all these tags I made over the last month except for the tag on the right which I made for my SIL.


I started with another Halloween inky base, blending my colours and then added Dusty Concord through Tim Holtz's Gothic stencil (one of my favourites). I then added some stamping in black archival ink.
and then some die cuts and details.

and here it is in full, very Adams Family in my books (is anyone else old enough to remember that fabulous TV show?)


I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges;

Crafty sentiments Trick or treat or something sweet
Party time Tuesdays anything goes
Pan Pastels UK Halloween colours
We do doobadoo Halloween
Oldie but a goodie Spooky my ribbon is my oldie, bought at Ally Pally last year.
Sparkle monthly fall/autumn colours
Simon says Monday treats you can see the bag of treats my tag is attached to in photo 3 above this one.
Crafty Ribbons tags 'n ribbon
 Crafty Card makers cut it out
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday anything goes


Happy Halloween to everyone tomorrow and I hope there are more treats than tricks coming your way.

Boo again ;0)

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

22 comments:

  1. fab tags
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous halloween goodies and your Halloween tags have all been brilliant.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I hold to the old tradition and have never celebrated trick or treat. I have fond memories of Guy Fawkes and bonfire night and taught my daughter all about that although we live out of the UK. My grand-daughter knows all about it and they celebrate it quite a lot here in Alicante. It has become very very popular and I do love to see the kiddies parade along the streets in their spooky costumes. Now all those choco delights are new to me but do indeed look scrumptious. I love those halloween tags too very apt and of course super creative.

    keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate, I love chocolate!!!!! Yummy treats, Jane! We have some cadbury here in the USA but not all of your types, But we do have Lindt's which I LOVE too. The goody bags are so nicely decorated. I love the web wrapping you made, clever and a helpful suggestion:)
    We have the books you mentioned to, they are the best, Enjoy the spookiness, Boo, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic tag Jane! Mmm my favourite has to be the spiders in your picture but I also found some Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkins this year that I've hidden for the big night so they will be a close contender! Room on the Broom was one of my daughter's favourites, I'm sure Daisy will love it too! Great idea for a Halloween gift for a wee one. Shona xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly (!!) I AM old enough to remember the Adams Family TV series - uncle Fester was my favourite - and I would have killed for a waist like Morticia.....!
    Great tag, lots of lovely choccies too!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and Good Luck!
    Viv.
    CCM DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sweets are so cute, Jane. Of course, we have treats here but not with quite so "Halloweenish" wrapping.
    Happy 1st Halloween to Daisy.
    I know she'll love her book.

    Happiest late October...Send some warm weather, it's supposed to be very cold tomorrow.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I loved the Adams family, it was brilliant!
    I too made up trick or treat bags for my 'babies', you're never too old for chocolate and yes I had some screme eggs in there as well, my sons fav.
    The little book for Daisy is lovely, it won't be long until she wants some chocolate too though! :)
    Great little tag as always.
    Happy Halloween,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jane.. I wish I was your kid! Those yummy bags are wonderful and those tags are art gallery fab! I always felt sorry for babies on Halloween and they shouldn't have candy. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy halloween to you too!
    Your tag is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello dear Jane,

    Happy Halloween!

    We do not have it here too much, but your spider just made my day - I would love that one, thank you, dear friend! And how wonderful are those tags of yours!! I wish you wonderful weekend with those sweetest-not too scary-spiders&your loved ones, enjoy!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet post Jane!
    Love your tags! I hope they will treasure them...maybe as book marks?
    Happy Halloween to you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Halloween, Jane! What stylish treats there- Hope all the goblins were good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummilicious Jane, love your work!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at Pan Pastel UK and good luck. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Halloween tags! So fun! I really love those pink spider candies too. :) Thank you for sharing your project with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. It was a "treat" visiting your blog. ;) ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous projects Jane. Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tag is gorgeous! I love the background! And the candies look yummy! Thanks so much for playing along with us for Anything Goes week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such an elegant tag. I love your handmade background, all the colours you have used and the layering of the beautiful dies. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful tags. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our 'Autumn/Fall' challenge.
    Happy crafting
    Helen P (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum, Halloween candy! We struggle here as not only is Charlie a vegetarian, but he wont eat anything scary or shaped like an animal or human!!! Makes buying anything for Halloween quite tricky, I just bought him normal candy this year and he was happy enough. Room on the Broom is an old favourite in this house, it's a great book. Bxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x