Monday 26 January 2015

Butterflies

Today I am a Guest Designer over at Crafty Boots for their "butterflies" challenge after winning their "stars" challenge just before Christmas. This challenge runs for 2 weeks and they would love for you to join in. This is the link. If you are a first time visitor to Jane's Journal may I give you a warm welcome, do grab a cuppa and  have a look around my blog.

I love using butterflies in my crafting and in real life they are the most extraordinary creatures. I see them a lot in my garden during the summer months as they love my buddleia bush. I looked through my archive of photos and found that I don't have any photos of my butterflies in my garden. Whilst looking though I found these photos from a summer visit to Eltham Palace which I didn't have the time to blog last year. I thought today would be a good time to remind of us of some warm summer weather whilst we are in the middle of winter. There are no photo allowed inside this amazing Palace but the gardens are gorgeous.















Ahhh sweet memories of summer 2014

I am so looking forward to seeing some warm weather again.

I was inspired to use some of the colours from the flowers to make my GD card for today. I don't usally use purple but for today I did.

Here is my card
the image is by Nicecrane from his gorgeous adorable fairies set
 I hand made the roses using my spellbinders die and some words papers from my stash. The leaves are Cheery Lynn
 I added some matching distress inks to their edges. The butterfly is Cheery Lynn and the underpart has been cut using glitter card.
and here is it once more
The sentiments are both LOTV

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Cheery Lynn anything goes
Pan Pastel Happy birthday
Country View use something new to you my new is the purple glitter card...it has a lot of bling and I love it! The digi image is also a new one for me.
Little Claire's bright and beautiful
Dream Valley anything goes
Open Minded Crafting movie inspiration my movie inspiration is Disney's Fantasia


Thanks for visiting today and thanks to Crafty Boots for inviting me to be their guest designer today for their butterflies challenge. I really hope you enjoyed your visit to Jane's Journal.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

26 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and you do do butterflies so well my dear!!
    Thank you so much for bringing summer to January, most welcome, I do long for those days again! :)
    Wishing you a wonderful new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. The photos are a wonderful treat for a grey January morning! Suzy xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jane I can't tell you how much I love your photos and the gorgeous card! The colors are so appealing to look at and so nicely inspired from the hydrangeas. Thank you for cheering up this wintery day : ) xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Jane and your photographs are wonderful, it looked like a lovely day. Thank you so much for agreeing to be part of our Design Team today.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful summer photographs to remind us of hopefully what's to come this summer. Gorgeous vintage card with such a pretty mix of papers and dies. Congrats on your GD and thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cheery summery inspired post today! I loved the pictures and your card is so pretty.......love the flower inspired colours. Have a great week and keep cosy!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jane,
    I know Ignacio will be thrilled with one of his images being presented this way, the card is just gorgeous with a beautiful palette and design...Purple is a good colour it is warm and friendly and you should work with it more often. I love butterflies too.
    Thank you for joining us this month at CVC,
    Smiles:)
    Sue (Dt)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a burst of Spring your card is, Jane, love all those colors. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a pretty card Jane and your photographs are gorgeous. Big hugs to you. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful treat to the eyes - seeing all those blossoms and flowers. Your card is magnificent as always. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation dear Jane!
    Thank You for the beautiful pictures!
    I needed to see all that green and flowers today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane! What amazing place! Garden looks gorgeus and your photos are so beautiful! Wonderful butterfly card! I remember your butterfly photos from GREECE. We just cut some trees from our little garden so our mind is also in the garden and summer. Lucky we to Live in Crete - the weather is often fantastic even in winter. Hugs! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning creation .Love the design and the image but those flowers are amazing !
    Thanks for sharing on Open- Minded Crafting Fun Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, so much to see, love the roses you created. The fairy image is darling. Thanks for sharing on the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge #28 - Movie Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The gardens are lovely! A welcome sight to see as it is all white and gray outside my window. Thank goodness for the cardinals and blue jays to add a few spots of color! I am also seeking butterfly photos to incorporate into my work. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting of the tiny print! Have a great week!
    Jane T

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your gorgeous photos, they remind me that Spring is on the way! And your card is just delicious, I love the soft colours and the flowers and the darling fairy!! thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! It's so nice that spring will come again sometime, especially for people buried in snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really great distressed card full of lovely colour. Jacqui DT Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG Jane,,,,,,,,,I adoooooooooooooooooooooooooooreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this card,,,,,what a amazing butterfly . I love these bright colors,,,,,and glitter. I must tell you nI have a terrible flu,,,,,and my computer is not working well,,,,so many problems,,,,I hope I can recover in a week,,,,butI looooooooooooooooooveeeeeeee this card,,,,,,,,,loe it, love it, loe it, love it,,,. I am thinking about these old flowers ,,,I am not sure about if they are 3D one,,,,,Thnkas for showing me this amazing card,,,,,,,,,I think it is one of your best ones,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Horayyyyyyyyy for Jane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the glitter on your butterfly! Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is really snowy here.....wonderful to see this beautiful garden. Very inspiring. Thanks for cheering up some cold days.
    Anne and family xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello dear Jane,

    What a sunny-filled-post! Beautiful, summery images, and that card is simply stunning! This all makes me want summer just NOW...well we are in February, so... :)

    Happy week, dear friend!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card Jane. ..always enjoy your posts. Thank you for joining us at pan PASTEL UK XXX

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a sunny post! your trip looked fantastic and your card is so beautiful! thanks for joining us at open-minded crafting fun challenges!!

    lovies, =o) kel
    open-minded DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card - so elegant,

    Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your Little Claire win with this card - well deserved Jane Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x