Sunday 24 May 2015

Gardener's helper

We've had someone to stay over....the lovely Bear, my son's dog, as my son is at wedding. I needed to get some gardening done yesterday and so I had a furry helper
I sorted through my existing pots of established plants to weed and feed them and also check what might be coming back after the winter. I was about to empty one of my hanging baskets when I noticed this....no it's not all weed if you look carefully......
next to the weed on the left is a fuchsia which has overwintered!
I emptied out some of the old compost, refilled it and added a new friend, a geranium.

They seem very happy and I will share their flowers when they bloom.
I bought a gorgeous pink which will enjoy a sunny spot
and my pot of violas my Mum bought me in the spring are still smiling away. I just keep dead heading them and they just bloom and bloom...simples!

I also have lovely digitalis (foxgloves) coming into flower. These are in my raised bed and just self seed.....free gardening at its most beautiful.
and as I cleared some pots Bear bought me his eel and squid
and then his duck
He had a great time

So today he is just here for breakfast, the sun is shining and I hope to get some crafting time in my garden studio later this afternoon.
This is Bear enjoying the garden at 8am with his beloved bone
My card today is inspired by the colours of my sweet pots of violas. It is a card I made for my Niece's May birthday
If you remember a while back I had a play with my Inktense pencils to make my daughter's birthday card here
I had a spare Uptown girls image so I got out my purples and pinks and coloured up the image above. You can see it in the photo below on the far right



I fussy cut it out and layered it up on my Spellbinders floral oval die cut.
I added some Cheery Lynn leaves and some polka dot pink ribbon. She was going away for the weekend so I added a "weekend" button. I am sure she enjoyed a glass or 2 of wine on her holiday.
I would like to enter my card into the following great challenges;

A sprinkle of imagination anything goes The products I have used are Inktense pencils and Black Archival ink.
Allsorts Happy Birthday they are celebrating no less than 6 years...a real achievement for a challenge and they were the first challenges I entered.
The craft barn holiday these 2 girls are away on their weekend holiday as shown on the button!
Craft Hazel's patterned papers anything goes
Live and Love Crafts Ice cream photo inspiration I was inspired by the colours of the photo board especially the pink and white striped ones!
Craft stamper take a stamp
Penny Black and more die cuts and punches
Bunny Zoe buttons and bows
Cheery Lynn anything goes



I'm off to finish off some pot cleaning in the garden and then hopefully get some playtime in my studio. Enjoy this holiday weekend and thanks for visiting.

And here is the sunshine now.....bliss and Bear is making the most of it until home time ;0)

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

19 comments:

  1. I'm amazed by your digitalis Jane, ours are only just showing buds and will be a week or so before they bloom I think - unless we get some sun and that might change things.

    Lovely card, they look like my kinda gals !

    Thanks so much for joining our birthday celebrations at Allsorts, good luck with the big prize draw and don't forget the DT have more prizes on their own blogs.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Jane. Bear looks like he is enjoying the wonderful outdoor air and sun! Love the pansies, they are definitely one of my favourite! What a great card, your ladies are very fashionable!! I've been considering picking up a tin of colouring pencils, but there are so many brands...do you recommend these ones or do you have another favourite? Are they watercolour pencils? I love the look you achieved on the dresses. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super fun card Jane and mounting the girls onto Kraft and adding your ribbon makes them pop so well.
    Isn't it great when we find plants that have survived the winter, looking forward to your summer photos of the garden in full bloom.
    Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Jane -well it looks like you had a good time with Bear - he's about the size of one isn't he??? Gorgeous card too - I love these uptown girls! Brilliant make! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous boy Bear is! :) Just wondering...how do Billy and he get along?
    Your garden is looking lovely Jane, your foxgloves are way ahead of mine!
    Such a pretty girly card. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great image and a fun card. And what a handsome boy Bear is! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your helper is more productive than my furry helper who mostly barks and begs to play with the kids across the street. No wonder your garden looks better than mine. Well, it could be a certain laziness on my part too? Yay for flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good afternoon, Jane! Your garden's looking lovely and really starting to show signs of some Summer colour - those little violas are just beautiful and those pinks...think I may need some! Like Brenda, my foxgloves are nowhere near flowering, though I spied a lovely variety whilst watching Chelsea that was a lovely apricot tone...think I may need some of those too! I LOVE plants, though at the moment, my garden is rather bare due to my rearranging (again!) and I suppose I should think about where I'm going to put them before I buy them?!
    Love your girly card and that pink polka dot ribbon is just lush! Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday Monday! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane sweet card with a s cute image. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card ... love the image. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the beautiful stamping ! Thanks for joining in the TIMI challenge at the Craft Stamper!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card I bet your niece will love it! Thanks for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card. The two girls look so cute! ♥
    Thank you for playing with us at Craft Stamper TIMI challenge. Hoping to see you with us again in June!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jane, your card is really lovely and I do love that stamped images of the girls! Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous and majestic dog Bear is!
    Thanks for the pictures and your card is fantastic Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper May challenge with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely Jane, thank you for joining in The Craft Barn challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jane,
    Looks like you had a brilliant day in the garden, and one can tell the doggy enjoyed it as well. Gorgeous photos of your flowers, and also a very pretty card. Thanks for joining LLC for our ice cream challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. A lovely card and I'm sure your niece thought so too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x