Wednesday 3 June 2015

One green bottle

I have a pretty simple taste in alcohol.....gin, lager, martini, Pimms, and champagne, yes rather an eclectic mix isn't it. The challenge over at PaperArtsy for this fortnight is bottles, so I needed a bottle to decorate. After singing 10 green bottle countless time I finally got round to creating a piece for the challenge which also fitted in with some lovely new June challenges out in blogland. The themes everywhere are summer sunshine which suits me fine. The first thing I associate with bottles and summer sunshine is sipping lager on our wonderful annual holidays in Rhodes. Lots of you will have seen these photos but for those who haven't ...............this  really is a drink with a view.
This photo was taken last September and it really made me think of the beach. Now I don't have any Mythos bottles but I opened my fridge and took out one of these......
a small bottle of french lager or "Golden beer" as the label states. I had no empty ones so I made the brave decision to open this and pour away the lager as I wanted the bottle to decorate...well I could not really be drinking lager at 1pm at home, now could I?

I went down to my studio and decided to recreate my Rhodes sunshine memories on my bottle.

I spend hours walking along the beach looking for shells when we go the beach on holiday and I always bring a few home to add to the jar I keep in my studio. I had one of my light bulb moments...why not add some to the bottle? I would make a treasures of the sea bottle. I can remember as a child decorating flower pots with shells by pushing shells into plaster. I thought about what I could use as I don't have any plaster. I decided that grunge paste might work.
 I chose some beach like Fresco finish paints (I won this set in a challenge)
 I painted 2 coats of Caribbean blue, added some crackle paint and then a coat of Banana
 and watched the crackles appear

 I love the way the blue sea colour shines through

I found some sea themed charms and coloured them with alcohol inks and I filled a tiny corked bottle with glitter which could be "Mermaid scales" (I still believe in mermaids just like I do fairies and Father Christmas :0) I also tied in an interesting shell which had a convenient hole. I added strings and some remnant rubs to the tiny bottle
I then started attaching some shells to the base using grunge paste and added some stamping. 
I bet you are wondering if this all worked out..................................................................................................................................................................................................................yes I am delighted to say it did and here is my finished beach treasure bottle.
 I went over the Grunge paste with yellow and brown acrylic paint to look like sand. I just love the way the crackle paint worked.
 Here are some of the charms. The beach themed stamps are made by Crafty Individuals.
 I could not resist adding one of my lampwork glass beads from my stash.

 You can see that I added "bubbles"with white acrylic paint dabbed on using bottle tops. I even added some of my doodling with a thin paint brush to add to the effect.

I would like to enter my one green bottle into the following challenges;

Paper Artsy #10 Bottles
Allsorts vintage
Mixed Media World Vintage
That Craft Place shabby chic
The artistic stamper summer is on its way
Vintage stamping hot sunny colours
Our creative corner what makes you smile just looking at my bottle makes me smile and remember sunny days on the beach. Roll on the summer!
Rhedd's creative spirit anything goes
Craft my life anything goes but cards
Creative Inspirations for a friend
Crafting Muskateers Shades of summer

If the forecasters have got it right we may be heading into a really flaming June here in the UK...I hope so.....I adore the feel of the sunshine on a balmy summer's day.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

30 comments:

  1. Haha, brilliant Jane, the things you get up to!! What a lovely seaside reminder! :)
    Good to see the sunshine again here too and for the first time since returning from hols, I actually don't feel cold!
    Enjoy the rest of your week,
    V x
    P.S. Shame you had to pour the beer away! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you created a wonderful ocean inspired treasure! Love the little bottle of glitter.. I actually bought some tiny bottles with the idea of filling them with some sand and an agate and maybe some beach glass and making necklaces out of them. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Jane this is amazing. Love it!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is brilliant Jane - brilliant beach theme - fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome project! I am a BIG beach fan! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jane,

    How this is not an easy theme but I'm pretty certain nothing stops you and your creativity surely shines through this project! Bravo! The end result is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant bottle love how you built up the layers a lovely make. Good luck with your challenges thanks for your lovely comments on my post over at the AS x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun make, Jane, you are so creative! A lovely reminder of the beach, summertime and holidays too. I like the tiny bottle and the charms you added. Hope the sun is shining for you this week...it is lovely here this morning!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful project, beautifully put together. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super sea and sun inspired creation Jane, any thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again Jane, forgot to say thanks so much for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous work Jane, have joined your blog as a new follower and you have a lot of inspiration flowing here...thanks.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Bottle,very funky
    Thanks for joining us at MMW and good luck :)
    Hugs
    Donna DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing. So love your work. I have joined your blog as I do not wish to miss any future projects lol!

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Jane, this is just amazing!! I love the paint combo of the blue coated with yellow, just stunning! Your little bottle and all your charms are so wonderful, and those seashells, wow!! Love the stamping, love it all actually! Totally PINNED! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea Jane and your mix of charms is just adorable. Thanks for joining in the challenge at That Craft Place and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jane, I know it feels like I am stalking your blog, but I cant help it - I am just so in love with everything you create. Your truly have an artistic vision that I adore. This altered bottle is so gorgeous. - Candice- (tincan crafter)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous bottle Jane - will look great in situ in a bathroom I think. Lovely techniques. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic project. Thanks for joining us over at That Craft Place, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yes, you made me smile! Alcohol, your list is my list! I can't believe you poured the beer away??
    I love the bottle, the crackle and all the charms, the tiny bottle too! A beautiful entry to my challenge at Our Creative Corner, thank you for your creation. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Who would have thought that the yellow over the teal would turn out so great - just so happy and fun. Love all the charms hanging from the sides. It all makes me smile! Thanks bunches for joining the June Challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit. j

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your beach in a bottle and what fabulous colors and embellishments! . Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit This month. Good luck. Rupa, DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a fab bottle. Loving the seashells! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh now this really is clever!! Love the attached charms. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful inspirational picture, would love to be there now, lol. Your project looks so much fun :)
    Thanks for joining us at Noor Design UK for our Here Comes Summer challenge.
    Tracy
    Owner Noor Design UK

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful , thank you for joining us this month over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow..what a wonderful creation. Thankyou so much for sharing with us at the Crafting Musketeers Challeneg..Good Luck..Genny DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x