Wednesday 7 October 2015

Autumn colours and card making

The weather is on the change now but there is still a little last colour to be seen.When we visited the National Trust property, Standon, last month I didn't show you the gardens there.As promised here are some photos of them, such pretty grounds for the house. These are the herbaceous beds outside the wonderful conservatory.
We also spotted lots of bees on these purple flowers in the vegetable garden.

there were fun pumpkins too.






At home I spotted a butterfly in my garden on Saturday,  probably the last of this season

and I really think we had the last of the warm sunny weather at the weekend


I also noticed that there are some lovely big spiders making their webs.This one is right next to my studio. I genuinely love spiders and find their webs fascinating. When little Daisy came to stay she called this spider Big Spider and she said hello to him every time she passed by.


My challenge card today is an autumnal themed birthday card I made for my dearest best friend. I used the same technique I used to make Tim Holtz tag for August. You can see all the details over on his blog.

I used a sunny photo of my pot of gazanias and cut out the flowers

I made a background with inks and Mod podge.
I used some other Tim products too.
Here is my finished card
and a close up showing the details and my metallic paint flicks

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;


Country View  add some texture

That Craft Place  mixed media anything goes

Pixie's snippets playground #197 I have used snippets of backing paper in my collage.

We love to create  anything mixed media goes

Allsorts nature

Papertake weekly anything goes


Frilly and Funkie autumn splendour include an autumn leaf. My flower charm has a leaves,which I have coloured in autumn colours. 

Simon Says Stamp Monday autumn is in the air


The week is racing by, it's Wednesday already and just to really scare you ....it's only 79 days til Christmas....woop woop!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x








22 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos Jane - and what a gorgeous card, I love it!! Really sums up the last flush of Summer.

    If you like spiders, we have one here that Len calls Harry. So big you could put a saddle on him and go for a ride, shudder. I'm usually OK with them but this monster is lurking right at the bottom of the stairs, leering at me every time I go past!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means it's only 75 days to the solstice and the change of the day! :)
    Love your card Jane the colours are wonderful, as are all your lovely flower pics!
    The temperatures have been brilliant here these past few days and its lovely and sunny here today, quite hard to believe a week of October has gone already! Long may it last!
    Happy Wednesday my friend,
    V x
    P.S. We need you over on IG with your lovely photos, Mia, Anne, Robin are all on there and we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane
    I love these amber tones you have managed to capture in your card!
    You being inspired by Nature makes me stop and contemplate my own surroundings
    Thank you for that too ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Jane, love it.

    Love & hUgs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering your fabby creation into the Papertake Challenge, Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely photos of the autumn gardens, they look so colourful still and I loved seeing the pumpkins growing. Your new birthday card is beautiful...it really captures the season and I love the different elements and how you used your own flower photo.
    Happy October, Jane!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous photos Jane - the flowers look beautiful. I love your card too - so pretty! Thanks for joining us at countryview challenges and good luck xx Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning, Jane! I love the way you used your gazania photos in your card and overstamping and inking them really makes them part of the design...clever! Fabulous layering and lovely Autumnal tones - I'm sure it was well received!
    Great photos from your visit to Standon and the sun is shining again today...we're being spoiled! It'll be such a shock when the weather changes properly, though the heating kicked in this morning as we had a light frost, so Winter is definitely on it's way!
    I'm with V (greenrabbit) never mind Christmas' - only 75 days until the days start to get longer again! Yay! Have a terrific Thursday! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous 'Nature' card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, Lovely pics too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love how you've used that Tim Holtz background technique on this and the mix of ephemera with the flower photo is a perfect combo. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing autumn card. Absolutely love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely creation for our Nature theme Jane, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh, simply breathtaking...Your beautiful Bday card captured the feel of this so colorfully, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jane, Soooo beautiful!! Love the colours, love the way it looks just LOVE IT!!
    Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you back next time.
    Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous creation! The colors are so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jane! Your piece is gorgeous! It perfectly captures the rich colors of the season. I think I'm arachnophobic, as your spider would give me a fright-lol. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of lovely details! Thanks for joining us over at That Craft Place. Mixed Media hugs, Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. How very stunning is this! I love every last detail!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos once again and what a magnificent garden. Once again a beautiful autumn card. Thanks for joining us at Noor Design UK.
    Tracy x

    Owner of NoorDesignUK online shop

    Noor Design Uk Blog

    Personal Blog Crafteezee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh some lovely Autumnal colours. Thanks for playing along at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is such a gorgeous card Jane. Love the beautiful flowers and autumnal colours.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x