Sunday 25 October 2015

Autumnal crafting fun

We had such fun again recently when my daughter, SIL and Daisy came up to visit a couple of weeks ago. I have not yet had a chance to share these fun photos.
We had Bear to stay as well so you can imagine it was busy! My daughter and SIL went to see a show in London and Daisy and Bear stayed with us.
Just look at the difference in their sizes!


As you can see Daisy adores drawing, she also love to be read to and I was delighted that she remembered her recent trip and asked to go down to my studio. One of her favoruite stories at the moment is Stick Man by Julia Donaldson. I decided we could make a stick man of her own.

I  had a quick think and grabbed a trusty kitchen roll tube (luckily I am saving these to make my Christmas crackers so I had some in the cupboard). I remembered I had some "eyes" in my cupboard so I dug them out. Daisy love felt pens and so that tin came out too.
 I had been working on some autumnal projects so there were some die cut leaves on my desk so Daisy glued some of those on too. I helped her stick on the eyes and she added the leaves...one for his nose...how cute is that. I also helped her draw a bit smiley red mouth. She did put some glue on for a third eye but changed her mind!
 I cut her out 2 strips of paper for arms and showed her how to ink some fingers and she did the same,
 Hello stick man....

Daisy would like to enter her Stick Man into 
Pixie's snippet's  playground #200
She used lots of snippets from her Nanna's Studio ;0)

I am  thrilled that Daisy seems to be joining her Nanna in a love of crafting and she's not even 2 until 11th November.  My daughter said that she had not seen her sit with so much concentration for a long period of time.

My card challenge entry  is a Halloween tag. I used some autumnal/ Halloween coloured distress ink and made an inky background. 

Here is it under construction

I used one of my Nicecrane Holloween image. These are such fun images and are available here

I added some die cut pumpkins one of which I crackled .I stamped a big spider and sentiments from my Tim Halloween set of stamps. I also added some Remnant rubs and a fun skeleton charm and a saw brad which I have had in my stash for ages and never found a use for!

I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges;

Country View  add some texture
We love 2 create anything creative/mixed media
Noor Designs Halloween/autumn
Our creative corner Horror
Rubber dance autumn colour inspiration
Simon says stamp Wednesday wrap it up My tag is just right to "wrap" up a parcel
Frilly and Funkie 1/3 something wicked
Cheery Lynn anything goes. My toothy pumpkin is  CL die
Cute card Thursday anything goes
The Craft Barn  1/3 Halloween

Thanks for visiting me today. We enjoyed a visit down to see my DD, SIL and Daisy yesterday and had such a lovely time. We went for a walk in the New Forest and you will never guess what we saw.......that I will save for another blog post ;0)

It was a bonus to have the extra hour in bed this morning but boy will we notice the darkness this evening...winter really is looming now and it is just 2 months today until we will be eating Christmas dinner and opening our Christmas pressies!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

31 comments:

  1. O wow I just love your tag, great colors and those pumpkins aren't they the cutest! Your little daughter is quit a artist look at her pretty stick men....so cute. Thank you so much for taking the time to enter our Anything Goes challenge at the Cheery Lynn Designs blog and good luck hugs Amy xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe I love Stick Man, are there no challenges that Daisy can enter him into??
    Love your tag as well, I do love a pumpkin!! :)
    Can we expect some ponies coming up soon? ;)
    Happy Sunday my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You reminded me Viv that Di loves to see Daisy's work so she has joined the playground this week ;0) xx

      Delete
  3. what a lovely make that daisy made. stick man is cool! love ur tag too jane and thanks for entering into the texture challenge at cvc challenge. hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good grandmama you are! To instill a love of crafting in Daisy at this young age will set her on a path of artistic endeavor for the rest of her life! I love her stick figure! And your card is properly scary! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful fun crafting day! Love your tag! Thanks for joining us this week with cheery Lynn designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Jane! super cute photos, luvin the amazing bold colors in the tag! .so glad you played along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely craft time you two had! Love Mr. Stickman and I do love the story too! Daisy is so cute and boy can she hold a marker well! Nice work Jane/Nanna : )
    xoxoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and so very warm. Love the shine of the pumpkins:) Thanks so much for joining us at our monthly challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely crafty time you and Daisy had together and her stick man is just adorable! It is so nice to be able to share your love of making with her and I'm sure it will set the groundwork for her to be a fellow crafter as she gets older! I miss my days of cutiing and sticking with my little man - he's off to the local fair with a group of his mates today, bus journey and all...so that will be me on pins today until he's home!
    Love your inky Halloween tag with all it's spooky little details and fab image! Have a great start to the week, hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what fun Jane! Daisy's stick man is brilliant and I do so love the look of concentration on her sweet little face when she's working away :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super tag Jane and great textures on your pumpkins. Daisy is looking like she is falling in her Nana's creativity. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hee hee . . . looks like the pair of you had a lot of fun together in your special craft area.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Halloween tag Jane. That background you created is gorgeous! It must be such fun to craft with your granddaughter. I love that she's starting so early! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, love little Daisy crafting! She really takes after you in craft, that tree-man is fantastic! It is just wonderful that you can spend some time together doing what you both love.

    Happy last days of October, dear friend, and now it is less that 2months until... Yippee!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks as if little Daisy had lots of fun crafting with you. She'll remember those times as happy ones when she grows up. What a lovely photo of Daisy and Bear. I imagine you enjoyed sitting them both.

    Your tag is just gorgeous and such fun. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sweet to see Daisy happily crafting with you there....I especially love the picture of her sweet little hand holding the pen so perfectly! It is really lovely for children to be able to craft like this, with someone to help them and lots of crafty materials to use. Stick Man is a great make....and your tag is lovely too...Wishing you a happy week, Jane.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fabulous to see you and Daisy at the Playground for the big celebration, Jane! This was such a delightful and fun post sharing her, Bear, and your creations!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. PS Forgot to say that it's a pleasure to become your newest follower and I hope you will want to come visit me and follow me, too. I'll see you again soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet post Jane!
    Love to see that Little Miss daisy is becoming quite handy and artistic!
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree ;)
    Your Tag is BEAUTIFUL!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun to be crafty with your sweet granddaughter Daisy. She did well! My grandson was so cute the other day. He had a little play camera that takes photos and videos. He'd showed me a few. Then as I came out of the bathroom....Is grandma gone yet? Here I came. He was showing me a video he just made. i think he's going to be a videographer instead of a photographer like his grandma. Owen is 4 1/2 years old and just amazes me at what he can do and his big sis as well! Fun to be a grandma! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great stick man and a gorgeous tag, both of them have a lovely autumnal feel.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, such lovely photos of Daisy haviing fun! Bear is also very adorable :)
    Great tag! Don't you just love how Distress ink and water play together? Thank you so much for joining our challenge - always nice to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much for playing along over at Noor! Design UK!

    I looooovvvvve your creation, we hope to see you back here next time!

    DT - Keeley Ainsworth
    Noor! Design UK

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I love that background!! Yum! Gorgeous tag! Thanks so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It seems like Daisy has a real live teddy "Bear," that lucky little girl. And how wonderful to get a head start into creating at her young age! Love this Halloween tag with its cute, dangly little skeleton! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. We are so lucky to be Grandmas, I love crafting with my Granddaughter too! What a cute tag, love the skeletons and pumpkins round the image. Thanks for joining the challenge at OCC. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love those cracked pumpkins, great tag.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fun tag. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh I just love the stick man!!! So cute! Your tag isn't bad either hahaha!! Thank you for joining in The Craft barn Challenge!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  30. A brilliant tag Jane and I love stick man!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x