Wednesday 21 October 2015

Bulb planting


Yes it's that time of the year when we need to think about planting our spring bulbs. This is my selection for this year.

I emptied a couple of my pots at the weekend
 which had finished flowering
I gave them a good scrub with some washing up liquid



A good rinse and they were ready to pot up.

I love tucking in my bulbs, the compost is like a blanket to keep them snug as they quietly grow away over the next 4 months.
Here is one of my posts in place. I shall keep an eye out for when I start to see any new shoots of life. 
My card challenge today is flower inspired and is the second card I recently made using more papers from the wonderful Crafters Companion paper pad I won.  I emailed this to them to share on their Facebook page. I also added a tiny version of my favourite Nicecrane floral digi images which is  available here


I added a glittery pink (gulp yes I did!) backing card and some various die cuts and finished of with some faux stitching and some glitter. There is even a little butterfly spreading it's wings. The tags are LOTV.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Country View  add some texture
We love 2 create anything creative/mixed media
Crafty boots pink
Live and love crafts pink 10c
Allsorts 3/3 all sentimental, use a sentiment
Pixie's Crafty workshop 2/3 #199 I used lots of snippets of the paper I had left over from my first card and snippets of card for my die cuts.
Crafty sentiments pink
Creative Inspirations 1/3 anything goes or use a sketch

I am trying to get up to date with my Funkie Junkie challenges so I will be back on Friday to share #2 with you. Thanks for visiting me and thanks for the great comment you left on my Man in The Moon post on Monday. I'm glad you liked him as I loved making that card.

Back very soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic Jane! So much lovely detail - and so perfectly laid out too. If I did that it would look like I'd thrown stuff at it. Love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love planting bulbs and believe it or not I actually like forgetting where I put them, then it's a lovely surprise when they appear in the spring!
    Love those little vintage images! :)
    Enjoy the rest of your week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DIL has been planting lots of bulbs, too. I adore your big thick clay rectangle pot.. where did you find that? Gorgeous card, my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane,
    My! I had totally forgotten. It is time to plant some bulb.
    I shall follow in your footsteps ;)
    Love your card!!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully feminine card and love your choice of colours Jane, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

    You are going to have a lovely show next Spring from those bulbs, hubby planted a good few more in the orchard the other day, they always look lovely blooming among the trees.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a gorgeous card Jane! I love the colours and all the different elements you included. Your bulb planting went well. I put in some tulips this week but have a few more to add, hopefully this weekend. Your pots will be beautiful in spring....I look forward to seeing them here then :)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been very busy. Your card seems to matching your gardening mood perfectly, very pretty design. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane,
    Just finished tearing out my garden last weekend---down came those giant sunflowers! Now the birds and probably squirrels are enjoying the seeds. Will look forward to seeing your bulbs blooming in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely beautiful collage card. So much lovely detail. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to dig deep (ugh! ;o) ) in my reader to find this post- Wish I could get tulips to bloom here, but they require more "chill" time than what nature provides. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy yours and the pretty blooms of your cheerful birthday card. Happy planting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Jane, Although not a great digi lover I always make an exception for Nicecrane designs. Thanks for joining in with us again at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is pretty! Thanks for joining our Pink Challenge this week at Crafty Sentiments. Julie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jane,
    We also planted our bulbs a couple of weeks ago; now we just need Spring to arrive. :-) Gorgeous card with great details. Thanks for joining LLC again this month.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x