Monday 4 July 2016

W is for......................

The letter for this fortnight over at the Craft Barn's dictionary challenge is W. Last week I had a wonderful day out with my daughter at Bird World in Surrey. Daisy is just the right age now to adore all the animals and birds there especially the babies.
There was just a complete sense of wonder on her face as she experienced all this excitement.




 We watched a bird display
 and our favourite was this amazing snowy owl who flew silently over our heads

I just loved these 3 photos of my sweet granddaughter, she is just entranced by the birds.



So there are no prizes for guessing  that my W is for wonder. I wanted to capture this wonderful day in my art journal.  I sorted out some of my bird stamps and a splendid sentiment I won from my crafting buddy Di in Pixie's playground.
 I stamped and white embossed the PA bird silhouette to represent the snowy owl and stamped my VI feathers in archival inks. I stamped and black embossed my sentiment.
I chose some summery distress inks and amongst my ink choices were the pink and blue of Daisy's little shorts and T shirt.
I used the greens and yellows to blend a background. I love the way the birds resist the ink and look a little like the snowy owl we wondered at.
I then added the blue and pink through my TH floral stencil to build up some bright layers of ink.

I couldn't choose between 3 of my photos of Daisy so I made a collage of all of them.
Then it was time to put on my creative hat....and here is my finished piece.
Here is my sentiment and you can see I added lots of other little birds too.
 There is such a sence of wonder in these photos.
I would like to enter my art journal page into the following challenges;

Pixie's snippets playground #236 I used snippets of card for my little birdie die cuts.
The Craft Barn dictionary challenge w mine is for wonder
Anything but Cute the birds and the bees
Love to create 1/2 #14
Sweet stampin holidays/summer
Noor anything goes
The Artistic stamper all things bright and beautiful
Dies r us outdoor fun
Live and love crafts sprinkles of summer
Cupcake inspiration flowers #365

I am driving down to Southampton today to pick up Daisy from nursery as her Daddy is working away this week. It's a real bonus week for me as we were only down there on Saturday.

There is something back this morning though......this was my view at 8am from my back door....

yay...summer is back...just in time for the second week of Wimbledon..let's hope we get a flaming July as June was such a wash out. Enjoy the week ahead.

Wishing all my friends across the pond a very happy 4th July.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x




36 comments:

  1. Lovely story Jane and of course that leads to a 'Wonderful' art page.Love how you have brought everything together.You are so lucky to be able to share these moments with your beautiful granddaughter.Long may it last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome art journal page, Jane! I love the way how you did your fabulous background and that quote is simply perfect! Lovely photos, too! Thank you so much for joining in our Birds and The Bees challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know it's going to be wonderful when you have such a beautiful subject as inspiration. I'm glad you had a great day and really like your circle card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jane! I just had to call Len to come and see the wonderful photos of little Daisy - what a poppet she is and you certainly captured the wonder in your photos. Perfect work as always on your layout, so much attention to detail - and isn't that sentiments stamp just made for you! I remember be extra delighted when you won it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creation this week - so full of interest and great photos of your granddaughter. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beING - in too much of a hurry here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww.. Daisy sure did enjoy meeting the animals.. what a neat day you all had. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe!! Wonder is such a good choice Jane, just look at Daisys little face. It's brilliant how much she loves animals and is willing to handle them, well done mum and nana for encouraging her to have no fear and be kind to them.
    Your moment sums it all up wonderfully. :)
    Lucky you having summer back again, it has poured here all day, D is off work this week too!!!
    Enjoy your week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. W is for WOW! LOL ... What a fabulous post ... I truly enjoyed seeing the wonder in little Daisy's face ... what a beautiful little girl! Speaking of beautiful ... what an awesome creation you designed to commemorate the day! GREAT job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘OUTDOOR FUN’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a wonderful family day with great memories. Loving your collage of photos, a great page.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous memory and such a sense of wonder - this is fabulous - love it to bits! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane,

    Love the way you've superimposed the two pictures!
    What a great age indeed!
    Thank You for sharing these wonderful pictures with us.
    I hope the sunshine stays ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. She does love birds and it's so sweet how her face looks as she is looking at them. I love your page as its so pretty with the background and the colours. A nice tribute to Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delightful photos of Daisy and used brilliantly in your gorgeous pages. Another treasure and wonderful moments to hold on to xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful background and adorable photos. Thanks for joining us at the Dies R Us challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely, personal page for your journal. The colours are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love seeing the photos of your fun day with Daisy at Bird World! They look fabulous on your beautiful inky page! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous layout and such brilliant colors! Thanks so much for joining the Cupcake Inspiration challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful page, and delightful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful and fun layout! Great colours! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Jane, loving your layout! The fresh foliage green is one of my favs for summer and I just love all the birds and feathers in the background! What a wonderful collection of photos, sure looks like Daisy had a great time. That owl is really something wow!! I just love the little mouse too, how sweet are they! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything But Cute. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great layout! Looks like a fun day! :) Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh gosh this is just a beautiful post full of gorgeous photos of such a sweet gal! Your beautiful project showcases the beauty of the event that day and I love the colors you used and how you brought it all to life. Really a great job, well done!
    Thank you so much for linking up to our challenge at Dies R Us! I hope you have a wonderful day and hope to see you in the next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Jo-DT
    ♥ Dies R Us Challenges ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beautiful layout in your art journal. I love that you took the time to really capture the magic and wonder of your day with your granddaughter. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like you had a marvelous day! Love how you created the perfect background paper to showcase this memorable day! So glad you were inspired by this week's flowers challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your page is just fabulous. Love the pictures of Daisy, she looks like she had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A lovely memory of a special day immortalised on this great page! I like the stencilled background and the VI stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fab journal layout Jane and thank you for your continued support joining in the fun at The Artistic Stamper July Challenge. Let's hope All things bright and beautiful is a reflection of July's weather as well as a great challenge - Debs DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful page. Your background is fantasticurrently. Lovely memory captured. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful page. Your background is fantasticurrently. Lovely memory captured. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Watching Daisy grow up is so much fun - I almost feel like she is my granddaughter!
    My captions would read - with the Pelican - "I see you, do you see me?"
    With the little mouse - "Momma can I please, please have him?"
    The last picture with the little Parakeet. "Come here right now!"
    Wonderful place for children and adults alike and I loved all of your pictures. Thanks!
    Your finished piece is fantastic - perfect! What a wonderful page to be treasured for a very long time!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Jane, the page is just perfect for the "Wonder". Such a great way to capture the trip to Bird World and hold on to those memories. The artwork is lovely and the photos adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You've certainly captured 'Wonder" in your photos and project today! Daisy is so precious! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Cupcake Inspirations gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  34. A beautiful page capturing memories of a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is lovely and even more touching as you describe your inspiration and the process to the finished piece. Wonder-ful xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fab LO/O Jane. Thanks for joining us at Noor Design this month x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x