Monday 15 May 2017

A special Daisy moment

Another Monday is here and it's time for my weekly Visible Image Design Team inspiration post. We are half way through our first themed challenge "Express Yourself" over on Facebook. We need to see you using your Visible Image words or quote stamps as the focal on your project. You can make anything at all; cards, tags, 3D objects etc, just make sure that the only stamps that you use are Visible Image ones. You can enter as many times as you like, the only rule is that any stamps you use must be VI.  If you have not joined the friends' group page just click here to join. It would be lovely to see you there. This challenge is open to everyone, world wide. You could be the randomly selected winner of a £40 voucher to spend on the website. Wow just think of all the amazing stamps you could add to your stash!
For those of you who may be recent readers of my blog I have a real "Jane's Journal" and a "Daisy's Diary" (for my granddaughter) where I put all my special art journal mixed media "Moments" that I have made over the years. They preserve in time my precious family occasions. The week before our darling grandson Jack was born on 21 April I went down to stay as my daughter had some hospital appointments. As it was a lovely sunny day I asked Daisy if she would like to go out to nearby Hellier's Garden for lunch. We went there earlier this year and saw all the snowdrops and daffodils. For this visit it was all about the blossoms...and how pretty they were.

Daisy bent down to admire them.


It was so wonderful to witness the joy of running free as a 3 year old...bless her.

Wherever we go a stick often ends up being befriended 😊

She decided to build a birthday cake using a mole hill, sticks and dandelions ( as you do)


Jack was born 3 days later and I realised that this was our very last Daisy and Nanna outing before his birth. I felt it very important to remember this by making a Moment for her diary. I chose a very apt Visible Image stamp available here
This is what I got up to.
First I added some texture through a vine stencil and stamped and embossed the bottom piece of my Visible Image take the moment stamp.

I worked with these DecoArt mister inks, inspired by the colours of the blossom Daisy and I saw that day.
I sprayed my background, 
and added some flowers through a stencil.

Next I added some script into the background using the amazing Scripted Streets available here
I also stamped some flowers from the Create it set using Distress oxides and fussy cut them out to layer.
I added cracks from the same set to a die cut tree to create bark texture.

I then coloured the tree with distress inks.
Once I had all my elements  ready to put together I made my Moment...here it is.....
with some close ups.......

Such a perfect sentiment
For a perfect Moment I shared with my darling granddaughter. 



I would like to link up my art journal Moment with the following challenges;

The Artistic Stamper 1/3 Floral fantasy
A Vintage Journey use a quote
Crafty Calendar 1/3 flowers
Creative Artiste mixed media
WOW powders Memories my words are embossed.
We love 2 Create 1/2  anything mixed media
Fashionable Stamping 1/3 let's go wild
Pixie's Snippets Playground weeks 281 and 282 I used snippets for my quote, my flowers and my tree.
Mixed media world 1/3 anything goes

These are all the links for Visible Image

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here and it is where you will find our first themed "Express yourself" challenge...it would be lovely to see you over there. You can also add work to the "Show and Tell" folder where one randomly chose winner each month win a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image business page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!


And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps can be found.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x




19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous memory, and some beautiful pictures of the blooms and Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely post this morning Jane about your visit with Daisy and the beautiful inspired page you made. Love that quote and how you used it. Just gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its gorgeous, what a beautiful way to remember a treasured time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe that is so lovely and the perfect sentiment too, how lovely to record that special time! The tree is brilliant, how clever to use the cracks as bark!!
    I love Daisy's birthday cake, the joy they get from simple things is wonderful. :)
    Happy new week my friend......it's pouring down here :(
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely story Jane...super memories and a lovely page for the book. Clever artwork as always...love the cracks on the tree......well everything about it really, it's a pretty page and a wonderful sentiment. Wet here today...the gardens are saying'Thank you'.enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jane, this truly IS a perfect moment! Beautifully made and starring the sweetest little lady ever. Just fabulous!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely that you have captured that special time together with little Daisy just before her little brother was born. Love seeing the imaginative play of small children like Daisy's dandelion birthday cake. Happy new week Jane.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear Jane,

    Your precious moment makes me think of Monet's garden!
    Love these photos, so full of life and a wonderful Dandelion BDay cake it is ;-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special day with Daisy while she is still your first grandchild and has you all to herself! I love the image of her running with wild abandon through the grass. Your card and it's sentiment is wonderful. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very pretty creation Jane, really evokes thoughts of warm summer days, many thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jane, I really enjoyed reading about your day and how your "moment" came together! What a beautiful page to record that special day! (My favorite bit beside the photo is the tree-great idea to use the crack stamp!) I love the quote, too! Thank you for sharing it with us at A Vintage Journey in our Use a Quote challenge. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page, the sentiment is perfect, Thanks for joining in this months 'Flowers' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daisy is so cute and happy - loved the pictures and your memory page!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo beautiful, reminds me of a Monet and lovely pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful page for your family to treasure Jane as they look back at this photo of your gorgeous Granddaughter. The stamps work beautifully with the background and the sentiment is just perfect. Thank you for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jane. What a gorgeous page full of beautiful memories for you and your granddaughter.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, the gardens are so beautiful! So many flowers, I adore pink ones! Daisy's dirt cake is wonderful, love the dandelion candles! lol. Your page is so wonderful, what a lovely way to remember the girl's day out! The crackle design on the tree is fantastic and of course, the flowers are just amazing! Wonderful background full of texture, and the perfect sentiment for the occasion!! Gorgeous Jane!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful page so full of summer colour and lovely sentiment too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous creation! Thank you for joining us at The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x