Wednesday 3 May 2017

Magical bluebells

The bluebells in our local woods have been stunning over the last few weeks. We went up again on Sunday to take another peep... it is just magical. The bluebells create a misty carpet and the spicy scent rises from them; it really is a scene to behold.

I will share some of my favourite photos I have taken of this years's amazing annual feat of Mother Nature.

When we walked in it felt like a fairy entrance..................

welcoming us into The Enchanted Wood (did you also read The Magic Faraway tree as a child 😊)


We became more and more spellbound at every twist and turn in the path.........

English bluebells at their very best..in the most beautiful woodland setting.
So my card today was totally inspired by those magical walks. I used my newest Lavinia stamp which I bought at Ally Pally last month. I wanted to capture that new lush green of the leaves as well as the blue and purple tones of the bluebells. I used regular distress inks, which I blended.  I stamped the background leaves using archival ink and there is one or 2 of Tim's floral stencils in there too. The fairy is black embossed and there is a wink of stella on her wings for some fairy dust.
The die cut sentiment is Tim Holtz and I cut it in glitter card for even more sparkle.


 My card was made for the following challenges;

Frilly and Funkie 3/3 put on your inking cap
Emerald Creek Dares 1/3 dream a little dream
Happy little stampers May 2/3 watercolouring anything goes
Card Mania 2/3 life is colourful
A bit more time to Craft 2/3 anything goes
Allsorts 2/3 embossing my fairy is embossed
Simon Says Stamp Monday the great outdoors
The Artistic Stamper 1/3 floral fantasy

Thanks so much for stopping by, before you go I just want to share some more exciting news....the June edition of Craft Stamper is now out in the shops...

.and I have a project inside 😄 It's part of a Visible Image Design Team 3D challenge we made for the magazine...here's a sneak peek of my piece...I can't share more until next month...but I  bet you can guess who I used as my inspiration again......meow 😻



Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x








18 comments:

  1. Hello dear Jane,

    Thank you for taking us on your walk.
    Love the photos and your card is perfect too ;-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply adore your card Jane...I love those colours and your card is stunning and magical. Thank you for sharing the bluebell woods too.....beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bluebells look fabulous! Can't wait for my copy of Craft Stamper to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jane - how exciting to be published.
    You walk is definitely on through a paradise of flowers. So beautiful!
    Your card is beautiful too - I enjoyed reading how you accomplished this beauty!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a super fantasy card Jane, you can't beat a bit of Lavinia, many thanks for joining our 'Embossing' theme at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't bluebells just magical....and your little card inspired by them is magical too!!
    Many well deserved congrats on another magazine feature, you're becoming quite the card celeb these days! :)
    Happy Thursday my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, that is the most beautiful forest floor I have ever seen! So many flowers just growing wild and looking amazing! What a wonderful sight to see!!

    Your card is magical Jane. I love the colour combo and the black and white accents really pop against the rainbow background! I have missed so many of your posts my friend. I wish I had time to stop and comment on every one, but I've just time for a short visit today. I do hope all is well with you and the new baby. Sending lots of hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos Jane and I agree it's like entering a magical wood with your photo and your card certainly has captured your outing beautifully. Look forward to seeing your project in print, congrats.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic pictures and a wonderful card! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card and beautiful photo's too.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Embossing' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing creation! And loving those pretty pictures.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week! New challenge will be posted tomorrow (Saturday), hope you'll join us then!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FAbulous creation! Love every detail! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your fairy and the details. I keep coming back to your work on the challenges because they catch my eye. Keep up the amazing work you are inspirational

    Diana
    Playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous creation. Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful flowers, I would love to live near those woods. Beautiful card too, the colors you used for the watercolouring are so pretty. Thank you for sharing your card at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolor challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is fabulous and so are your pics! Thanks for playing along with us at HLS Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for sharing your fairy card with us at The Artistic Stamper
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a beautiful card, Jane! I love the depth you have achieved on your background and that fairy is just amazingly magical, just like your photos! Thank you for sharing this fabulous artwork with us at Emerald Creek Dares! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x