Wednesday 24 May 2017

May brings flocks of pretty lambs

I finally bought some bedding plants for my pots at the weekend. My bulbs have been so beautiful this year that I didn't want to tip them out until they really had spent. I bought this box of beauties
 and a box of gazania

I even managed to start to pot them up on Sunday. First though it was the job of emptying and washing the pots. Much as this is a real chore I am a firm believer that this really helps with getting pots of gorgeous summer flowers as it removes bugs et al.

I will share some more photos soon. 
I also wanted to enter some challenges before May is over.

I found this great  digi image over at the Graphic fairy and decided to make an art journal page. I decided to try to use the image as the focal but cut out the tree and replace it with a mixed media one of my own. This is what I got up to
I created a sky using distress inks and a cloud mask
I made the grass with distress inks and added some distress oxide daisy flowers using my Visible Image Create it set.
I tore the digi and drew in a line to continue the horizon on my journal page.
I die cut a tree, added some bark texture with my Create it VI stamps and crackle medium and punched out some flowers out of inky mop up card. I added liquid pearls to the flower centres which you will see in my final photo.
I then replaced my tree where the tree from the digi was
 I then put everything together to create my May art journal page.
My art journal page was made for the following challenges;

The Craft Barn calendar challenge May
Crafty Calendar flowers
Double D challenge flowers galore
The Ribbon Girls 2/3 use any image
Simon Says stamp little critters
Pile it on 1/3 animal
We love to create 2/2 anything mixed media

I am coming back from Southampton today where I have spent a wonderful few days in the sunshine with Daisy, Jack and Co.  I hope you are enjoying a sunny week too? Thanks for stopping by.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful image, the sky is amazing...so lovely to escape from the real world!!
    Enjoy the rest of the week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Very creative Jane ... what an awesome idea and your page turned out FABULOUSLY!!! Love your new potting flowers ... I've been doing the same thing! It's work but so many rewards throughout the summer!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Flowers Galore’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Jane such a work of art...I love to read how you create your amazing projects
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you've added the digi onto your inked background. A great page!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card design! I look forward to seeing your potted plants full of flowers. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet and gentle like the breeze they ladies must feel. I can almost feel it myself with this great page you made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pots will look fabulous I'm sure Jane, my neighbour is going to take me to get some today and Ken is going to set me up a potting station near the back door so I can spend short bursts getting them in, yay. Love how you used the pretty image in your journal creating your own tree and incorporating it into the design, very clever. More sunshine today hopefully xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Love how you enhanced the image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely wonderful journal page!! Love your garden and seeing the change from season to season. Are you saying that you plant you bulbs in pots every fall and then after they have bloomed and are spent that you tip then out and plant summer flowers. I think I should try that!! Thanks!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a woman after my own heart with all the flower planting! I bring home a few at a time so as not to be overwhelmed with the chore of it. Love all the colorful pots in the garden. And I love your mixed media piece with all the fantastic inkiness you did. Would love to have that tree in my garden. Thanks for sharing your art in our Flowers Galore challenge at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How gorgeous -- this art journal page is so amazing!! Love it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Jane. Love the sky. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulously constructed page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great page Jane! thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what an amazing scene you created on your card Jane and petunias are my favourite flowers...thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way you have brought the digital image and inks together to create a beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the way you have combined the different media. A really charming page xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous creation and the scene is wow!
    Thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl May Anything Goes - Any Image Challenge, and good luck in the prize draw.
    Hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x