Monday 19 June 2017

Billy's summer garden

A while back I shared a sneak peek of the Visible Image Designer 3D challenge make I made for the June Edition of Craft Stamper. Their magazine is always issued a month ahead so now that the July edition is in the shops I can finally share the details of my make here on my own blog. This piece is also very relevant inspiration for the "dimension" challenge running over on our VI Facebook group page. All the details and links for this will be at the end of this post.

As you all know my garden is a constant source for my crafting inspiration. Billy my cat is also a constant shadow out there and he really loves the summer months when we spend many pleasant hours outside. We also eat most of our meals on our sunny terrace. This is such a wonderful time of the year.

I tend to garden in pots as my garden is tiny and it means that I can have constant flowers. These are some of my potted flowers this year.

My sweet Billy adores the summer months..
and when it gets too hot he makes a nest to cool down...often under here.
Billy has a friend called Blackie who visits, so when it came to choosing a set of stamps to work with for my project, I did not hesitate to chose this one...
the amazing Stay Curious set available here


I used a Visible Image monolith and added some die cuts for initial texture
 and gave it some colour using these "garden inspired" PaperArsty fresco paints.
 I also added some texture paste through my dots and floral stencil.
 To give me this base.
I added some shading and the fun paw prints from the set
 I stamped my Cat face and carefully applied it.
I then stamped a small dragonfly from the Live in the moment set

, stamped, embossed and fussy cut out the small cats and die cut some floral elements.
It was then time to put on my creative hat...

and here is my finished Billy's summer garden Monolith.

and a few close ups... I made a picket fence from coffee stirrers and added a texture paste path...
and Glossy Accents to his eyes and his sweet pink nose....😻

and to prove that Billy really has a friend called Blackie who visits I took these snaps last week..

and I snapped him here in one of his many shady hideaways 😸
My sweet pink nosed boy.

All the links to Visible Image are below;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chose winner each month win a £25 coupon to spend on the website. Our 2nd themed challenge, "dimension", is  also up and running until 28 June. There is another £40 voucher up for grabs for the winner of this. 

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps can be purchased. 

I would like to enter my monolith into the following challenges;

Rhedd's Creative spirit June
Stamps and stencils words with meaning I think my Billy will always "Stay Curious"
Simon Says stamp Monday touchy feely
Deep Ocean die cuts, chipboards and/or punches
Rubber dance 1/3 summer holidays the garden is where my Billy will spend all of the summer holidays!
Penny Black and More 2/3 anything goes
Mixed Media World anything goes
Happy little stampers 1/3 anything goes with dies
Creative Artiste anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for the very kind comments that you take the time to leave. Thank you also for all the lovely messages, texts and emails sent to me after seeing the Create and Craft show too. I love finding out that I can inspire people in their own crafting. I am happy to share my knowledge and techniques..sharing is caring in my books and we are all on a fun creative journey.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x 

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation Jane! I just loved reading your whole post, your garden is so pretty and I love your little Billy and his friend, so cute :-)
    The background colours and textures are fabulous and I love the stamped cat face and all of the details, I absolutely LOVE this :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your garden Jane! How lovely that you could use your inspiring garden and Billy together in a project! The result is a super cute one and I love the bright colors.Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative spirit this month, Good Luck. Rupa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely posts this week! I envy your garden, your tea cups are so cute, your necklace is so beautiful, and Billy is always a handsome boy. It's nice that he has a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great texture on the background. I love this floral stencil and you made a great use of it. Lovely colors! Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely creation for our June challenge at Penny Black and More, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe lovely Billy! :) Blackie is so like our Polly!!
    As I said on IG, your fabulous monolith is like a scene from our garden that could be Polly, Lily and Charlie!! :)
    Enjoy your lovely garden my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed visiting your flowering garden with you and Billy.. and his friend. Your garden monolith is fab.. will it be outside in the garden? What a nice gift it would be for a gardening friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous creation. I love that stamp set. I also love your garden. Always a place for inspiration.

    Much love, Bev. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous results on the monolith Jane inspired by the lovely Billy and your pots. Blackie looks rather like my two, dark and alert. Hope you're enjoying the sunshine where you are at the moment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project and I must say your beautiful garden puts me to shame. I love your monolithe is gorgeous - Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful garden monolith, Jane! Love seeing the garden and kitty photos, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a beautiful garden Jane, or should I say Billy has lol 'cos it will be his, all his! I love your monolith, lost of work but these are such fun aren't they xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous piece, love the cats and gorgeous backgroun! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning tag. Love the cats and all the details. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I keep meaning to order myself some of those monoliths! Yours is fabulous, and perfect for a cat lover!
    Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love all the dimension of this very creative and colourful project! thank you so much for playing along with us this month at the penny black and more challenge.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Inspired by your loving friend...how good is that!
    Thank you for joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely project! Thanks for joining us at MMW!
    Irena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great project. Love the cat face and all the wildflowers in his garden. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x