Monday 26 June 2017

Sibling love

Good morning, I am here with my Monday morning Visible Image inspiration and for today's project I decided to make another of my Moments for my physical Jane's Journal. Our darling grandson Jack was born 8 weeks ago and I have not yet had time to use one of his photos. When I took these photos of Daisy playing peek a boo with him  I knew I had the perfect one to use..
Peep-bo Jack... 
Just look at the bond already between these 2...so wonderful . Daisy could not love her little brother more.
I decided to use this last photo. I also wanted to add the June lines from the Garden Year poem by Sara Coleridge. I have been making art journal pages for each month since the beginning of this year.

The lines read;

"June bring tulips, lilies, roses
fills the children's hands with posies"

In previous months I have tended to print out the words on my computer but now that Visible Image have a brilliant alphabet stamp set I decided to stamp the lines out myself.
I also wanted to make a "generic" posy of flowers and I knew just which set would be perfect...
the flowers from imperfection is beauty

 Unlike me I accidently managed to overwrite my prep photos for this project so just for today I will share a write up only of my techniques. 

This is what I got up to;

I used distress inks to make a background, using the wrinkle free distress technique. I die cut my photo and a backing frame to put underneath.
 I stamped several of the flowers onto inky mop up card and fussy cut them out. I made stems for the flowers from die cuts and found some ribbon to match Jack's little toy mouse.

I then hand stamped out the lines from the poem. There are lots of useful doubles in Alphabetical so I was even able to stamp some words 2 at a time. I found it easier to place the letter on my glass crafting plate and then "pick them up" onto my stamping block. It was also easier this way to get the spacing correct.

So here is my finished Moment

with a couple of close ups;
and one last shot
This new alphabet will be so useful in mixed media work....you can of course also stamp out each letter or whole words on pieces of card and build up the words that way too. I must admit I think I was pretty brave stamping straight onto my AJ page...I only got 1 chance to get it right and luckily I didn't mess up!

I would like to enter my art journal page into the following challenges;

The Craft Barn June calendar page
The ribbon girl 2/3 any image
Happy  Little stampers June watercolour challenge
Try it on Tuesday 2/3 Letters numbers or both
Allsorts 1/3 Flower power
We love to create 1/2 Anything creative mixed media

These are all the Visible Image links;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely for you to join us.  You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month win a £25 coupon to spend on the website. Our 2nd themed challenge, "dimension", ends on Wednesday. You still have a couple of days left to enter. There is another £40 voucher up for grabs for the winner of this. 

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps can be purchased. 

Thanks so much for visiting me today and for all the kind comments you take the time to leave me. You may have noticed I was a little bit absent from blog land last week...because I have been away on holiday and I am travelling back this morning! I have lots of lovely photos and so much inspiration to work with. I will share some very soon. I would also like to warmly welcome my newest follower, thanks for joining me on my creative journey. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

19 comments:

  1. A beautiful floral creation which is going to make a great keepsake with that special photo Jane, it's just perfect for our Allsort theme this week, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post and a beautiful layout. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe what a sweet moment... a lovely verse to go with a very cute photo!
    aren't Daisy and Jack so alike!!
    happy new week my friend and safe journey home,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page Thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation you made to celebrate your adorable grandchildren. I adored seeing them together. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really fabulous art journal page, Jane! The background and flowers are super, and the photo is so sweet! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super page, got background and really gorgeous photo. Thank you for joining our 'Flower Power' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a wonderful post to read and your family photos look adorable. Thank you for sharing your beautiful pages with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great page with your lovely family photos. How brave to stamp your wording with the alphabet stamps and straight onto your page too ! Love the imperfect flowers too

    thanks for joining our challenge at Try It On Tuesday this time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful Jane!...and a gorgeous design for your card too...hope you've had a wonderful trip,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page! Your grandchildren are so beautiful and I love the way you used them in this page. I know how hard it is to stamp words with the letter stamps. You did a great ob!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm smiling to see them playing, and you can't go wrong with beautiful children as a subject :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely layout. Has the 'aaah' factor xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos of your two little lovelies together and your page is absolutely delightful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A delightful page and a worthy winner of this month's Craft Barn Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and lovely page Jane!
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts "Flower Power" week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful photos and a gorgeous page.

    Thank you so much for linking to TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Jane,

    How precious indeed!
    I love these pictures and your Moment!
    It's amazing how much Baby Jack looks like Daisy at the same age!

    Hugs~


    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww those photos are so beautiful and your project is just as lovely. Gorgeous stamping! Thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love 2 Create this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x