Monday 27 November 2017

Your eyes are the window to your soul

Good morning. If you are just visiting to see my card this post is very photo heavy so just scroll to the bottom. However if you would like to have a little feast for your eyes read on... 

We saw so many wonderful sights at Disneyland Paris last week. There is just so much detail there and everything is fresh, clean and inspiring. 
Even the entrance just filled us with joy. What is there not to love about this....




 and yes just look at the colour of that sky!

What was wonderful was seeing Disney through the eyes of our darling 4 year old granddaughter Daisy. We took our our children to Disney in the 1990s and early noughties but they were older and I don't think we stepped into Fantasy Land. With our Daisy though, this was where we spent a lot of our time. 
 Most days we walked through the castle to Fantasy land. Upstairs is the most beautiful Sleeping Beauty story told in stained glass windows.









 One day we even went to lunch with 4 Princesses...but those photos are for another day 😊

 Today is my weekly Design Team inspiration for Visible Image. This week I chose to use another of the fab older sentiments which works perfectly for my post today.

This stamp has such a unique typeface. I have often used the "eye" as a partner for this stamp but I decided I wanted to showcase this great sentiment all by itself.

I had the idea to stamp the sentiment on clear acetate "window" and then create a very textured starry sky.
This is my Distress Oxide starry sky
 To add some sparkly stars I used sparkle medium through the 
cosmic skies  stencil.
 I used a clear based one as the inks soak into the medium and take up a wonderful glow...
I made my "window" and used little star brads in each corner to attach my sentiment.
Here is my finished card. 
In real life it has a very textured sparkle, just like the sky at night twinking.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges.


Pile it on 2/3 large sentiments

Craty catz #394 anything goes

Cute card Thursday stars

Everybody art 1/3 anything goes

Retro Rubber #76 anything goes I have had this stamp since the Ally Pally stamp show Sept 2016

Dream Valley 1/3 add texture

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.The November challenge is also up and running where the winner can win a £40 coupon! Our theme for the month is "tags". There as just a few more days left to enter.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:




Your eyes really are the windows to your soul and on that trip our souls soured with total joy. Being with Daisy for those 5 days was wonderful. Her eyes saw things in such a unique childlike way which we found magical. I will share some more photos soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the lovely comments you take the time to leave me.

Back soon,


Bye for now,

Jane x




13 comments:

  1. I always enjoy dipping into your blog posts. I always go away with lots of inspiration and so loving today's card and techniques...a real stunner. Yes you must have seen Disney in a different light and had a totally different experience with Daisy. What fabulous memories you'll have to last a lifetime. I am enjoying seeing the photos....thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to visit Disney land with your sweet little Daisy! What a treat for you all! Lovely card too, very special Jane. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, lovely photos of your fantastic trip! Second, your cosmis card is as lovely as the real one! I love your layers of color that give it such texture and dimension. Putting the sentiment on clear acetate was brilliant! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will be back in our gallery again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a magical place and yes viewing it all through Daisy's eyes must have made it more so!
    Those stain glass windows are wonderful......great card too my dear.
    Happy new week,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the photos of your trip to Disneyland Paris with your beautiful granddaughter. Love your card and what a beautiful sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a magical time Daisy must have had with you and grandfather! It all looks so beautiful, and looks like the weather was perfect for your trip. Your card is gorgeous, too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Jane! That background is magnificent! Layer upon layer of design and colour and texture, and then the touch of metallics... LOVE IT!!! Your photos are amazing, I've never seen that place before, what a glorious spot to visit! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jane,

    I am so happy you&M went with Daisy just now, 4-year-old is just in that magical age with imagination flying... She for sure loved it so so much! Love your card too, that quote... So true!

    Happy last days of November, dear friend!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great card and wonderful picture looks like a awesome trip and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz and good luck please come back again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful card, I still can't get over your crisp sharp acetate stamping! Looks like Disneyland was a hoot. Thanks for joining us this again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to see this card in person, Jane! It is a stunning piece of art with a wonderful sentiment. I bet the sparkle is out of this world!! Thanks so much for sharing with Retro Rubber this challenge. Hope you will come play along with us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful pictures of your trip to Disneyland, Jane! Your card is just awesome - so beautiful! Also, thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorjuss Card. I love your background. And your visit to Paris looks just magical. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. And so sorry for my late comment due to my illness. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x