Sunday 17 December 2017

Ring the bells

I am back with my 2nd inspiration project for our current Christmas, with optional red, green and rust challenge over at Country View.
This time next week it will be Christmas Eve....so exciting.
 There is nothing more Christmassy than poinsettia is there...I spotted these beauties in the week.


Remember that you can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with any other challenges. Your make can be anything creative! You may even be the lucky random winner of the £20 CVC voucher.

All the details can be found here

For this challenge I created rusty bells from card to make 2 Christmas cards.  I shared my jingle bells card on the 1st December here. 

Today I am sharing the card I made with the church bell die cut.



I added lots of texture and rust to my large bell and decided that this time I wanted a plain red background. I used a knitted embossing folder on my red card to give some texture. 
and finished off with an apt stamped sentiment and a nice big bow.


 I would like to join in with the following challenges;

Deep Ocean jingle bells
That's Crafty 2/3 tis the season
Simon says stamp Monday  2/5 Christmas/winter holidays
Crafty Catz 2/3 anything goes
Fussy and fancy 2/3 Christmas
A bit more time to craft 2/3 anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge anything goes
Lil patch of crafty friends anything goes

You have until 31st December to join in with our last challenge of 2017. It would be lovely to see you there. All the details can be found here

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. Best use of rust in a Christmas card Jane! I must say it wasn't the easiest of themes!!!
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rust effect really is brilliant Jane....beautiful card!
    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard for me to imagine rust as beautiful or Christmassy, but you manage it. Good job! I hope you're thoroughly enjoying the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card but I have to confess; I really do not like Poinsettias ! Merry Christmas !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, dear Jane! I love your rusty bell!
    Have a very Merry Christmas with loads of poinsettias.
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello...wonderful creation, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ...have a wonderful christmas xcarol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this card and the last one too!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
    ****************************************
    *M*E*R*R*Y* * *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ****************************************

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW!I love the rusted bell! Amazing texture and color! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! love your rusty bell that is so effective, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those Rusty bells.. Thank you for joining in with the That's Crafty Tis the Season Blog Challenge. Winter Wishes Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. The red background looks great against your rusty bell. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x