Monday 13 August 2018

Lift off time

For those of my lovely blog readers who are non papercrafters you might think that with the title of this post that I'm off to the moon. Not this week! Some of you may know what I am referring to..yes it's the amazing new Ranger Lift off ink. It lifts alcohol ink off from a porous to a non porous surface and opens up so many new crafting possibilities.  Tim Holtz has some brilliant videos on line and there is lots of inspiration around in blog land so do check it out.

 I was lucky enough to get my hands on some from Susan at Country View Crafts. (She offers free UK postage and packing too). 
I have been playing around with some backgrounds over the last few weeks and I have shared a couple on Facebook..Here is one of my first efforts.
I got this fab lift off image (on the left) using the seahorse and jelly fish from the Create you calm
and dare to swim sets. What remains on the right is a brilliant ghosted negative. I used that background to make my daughter and son in laws anniversary card which I shared here a few weeks back here if you would like to see it

For my Monday Visible Image DT project today I decided to make another "lift off" alcohol ink background. After adding various inks I used the time swirl from the ahead of our time stamp set to lift it off.

 Visible Image stamps work brilliantly with this technique. They lift off the ink perfectly as they are such an awesome thickness and quality. I love the effects you get. 
With the lifted ink I stamped this  multi coloured time swirl below, which I can use another time. It's 2 for the effort and price of one. That's all good in my books.
I then coloured up the White Rabbit 

using distress inks and added glossy accents to his fob watch and gold pen accents to his buttons and chain (you will see this in the finished card).
I also stamped and coloured a couple of other little elements. First the teapot from The Mad Hatter set. I added the heart from the  Own kind of beautiful set for this project as I didn't want to use the skull.
I cut it out and added festive berries distress glitter.
 I also stamped up the light bulb from the glimmer of light set to pull my design together.

I stamped and white embossed wake up and be awesome
onto acetate and then put my design together.
This is my finished card. 
Here are some close ups. 
and you can see the light bulb shedding some extra light on the scene...it must be winter for Mr Rabbit as it's 8.06 am and in his world it's still not light 😂
and one last shot
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

That's crafty 1/3 animal magic
Penny Black and More 1/3 I spy something beginning with B My Bs are bunny, bow tie, black (alcohol ink), bulb, buttons (on Mr Rabbit's jacket)
Craft stamper take it make it 1/3 August
Stamping sensations 3/3 use your current favourite stamp as I have said before I love all the new wonderland stamps but Mr Rabbit is another of my favourites. 
Pile it on 1/3 new technique my lift off is pretty hot off the press for new techniques!
Lil patch of crafting friends anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

There is also a really generous  multi-buy offer here on the website if you buy all 7 stamps sets, but you need to hurry as it only lasts until 31 August.

You can also follow Visible Image via:



and


Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing my latest creation today. I really appreciate the kind comments you leave me.

  I hope that you may also have been inspired to have a go at this fun technique too.

5,4,3,2,1...................LIFT OFF!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. Sonderful vibrant colours Jane and well done on getting five 'B's' in there, many thanks for joining in our 'I Spy' theme at Penny Black and More and also sharing a favourite stamp with us at Stampin Sensations challenge.

    B x

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a clever idea!!!
    And I love the white rabbit. :)
    Happy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to check this out! I love alcohol inks and would love to try something new..always! I love your bold background and would love to try this. the rabbit is fun and give the feeling of Alice in Wonderland. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pieces of art, love the vibrant colours. I have just ordered the lift off ink pad, can't wait to have a play !

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun and gorgeous card, Jane! I hope you win the contests you entered it into. Have a super week.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Jane! I love the amazing effects and textures you create...you just keep getting better and better! Have a happy week XxX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool card - love all the colors and the use of the new lift off ink - fabulous work! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous colours and striking card!
    Thank you for sharing your creativity over at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x