Monday 3 September 2018

Autumnal toadstools

Good morning, September arrived on Saturday and that so did a last late blast of summer. However there is definitely  a nip in the air in the mornings and evenings which shows that autumn is just around the corner. My crafting colour palette evolves and changes as I look around and see those provided by Mother Nature. The leaves are beginning to get those orange, red and brown tips as they get ready to fall. These are my potted acers in my garden.


My weekly dose of inspiration for Visible Image just uses the toadstool from the Caterpillar set.

I really do love this image and it works so well by itself.
Over the summer I have coloured these stamps in anything form red to purples and greens but for this card I went for an autumnal palette and painted it with distress inks
 I also gave my toadstool and glimmery sheen with a wink of stella....it must be the dew at this time of the year 😉
The background is the scene of a cave for Mr Caterpillar to turn into a pupa in during the cooler months, made with alcohol inks on glossy card stock.


I also used the sentiment and some of the stamps from the fab Glimmer of light set. I will confess this is the first time I had inked up this set...but I am now in love..it is brilliant.
I used the  small moths,
 the little light bulb and the sentiment to finish off my card.
and here it is finished.





I would like to enter my card into the following challenges.

Lil patch of crafty friends 1/3 anything goes
The ribbon girl 1/3 anything goes
Crafteezee anything goes
Addicted to stamps and More 1/3 make your mark
Cute card Thursday 1/3 magical
Allsorts 1/3 things with wings
Stamping sensations 1/3 Eye spy something beginning with B mine is bulb and brown

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

I hope I may have inspired you to start your own autumnal crafting too...it's the one time of the year that I reach for orange in my colour palette!

Thanks for stopping by,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

14 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Jane! The background is stunning and the autumn colours are just gorgeous! Love the moths around the light too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well one thing I do like about autumn are toadstools and I dream of one day finding a perfect red and white spotted one intact ...love your little toadstool!
    I have to say its like summer here today, long may it last.
    Happy new week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card, sweet, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful design Jane and the autumnal colours look amazing. The stamps and the sentiment that you’ve used all work together perfectly to create a beautiful piece of artwork. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card! I know there have been times when I would've been so grateful to receive something like this. I love your necklace too. I know the silver isn't supposed to be anything in particular but I see an angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sentiment with the cool background! Very beautiful work! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that toadstool and your gorgeous AI background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Autumnal colours Jane, although as I just said on another blog I really don't want to admit it's here. And your 'B' for bulb is really thinking outside the box, many thanks for joining in with our 'Things with Wings' theme at Allsorts challenge and our 'I Spy one at Stamping Sensations.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card design.. and the sentiment might be just the thing for someone who is sad and needs some words of encouragement. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos and a stunning card. Mary, The Ribbon Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Jane! Thanks for joining us at the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! What a wonderful artsy look! Thank you for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Girl anything goes challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that background's amazing, I need to go back for another look :) thanks for joining us this month at The Ribbon Girl Challenge
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x