Monday 12 November 2018

Daisy believes in unicorns

We had a wonderful day yesterday celebrating my darling Daisy's 5th birthday. Her theme for her party was rainbow unicorns as she is unicorn mad. If I could find a real one I know she would love one for a pet. When I planned her card I knew just the stamp to use....the wonderful Visible Image unicorn from the believe in unicorns set
Today is also my Design Team inspiration for Visible Image and our challenge theme for November is "Make it sparkle" so this was a perfect to use for Daisy's card. There is nothing a 5 year old girl loves more than sparkle and glitter. 
I first white embossed the unicorn onto watercolour card.
 To go along with her rainbow unicorn party theme I decided to use all the colours of the rainbow to make the background.
I chose 7 from my Distress inks and starting at the top and working clockwise I blended them onto the card.
 
I cut out some clouds and added the number 5 from the White Rabbbit Wonderland set 

 These numbers are a perfect size for birthday cards.
I also used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Go to words set.

I then die cut a swirling star background around the unicorn. 
I matted this onto pink glitter card. Believe me every 5 year old girl like lots of glitter

Here is my finished card.


with a couple of close ups;


and one last shot

I would like to enter it into the following challenges;

Pixie's snippits playground #339 the snippets from the stars dies make amazing embellies!
Simon says stamp Monday make your own background
Craft stamper take it make it 1/3 November
As you like it 1/3 monochrome or rainbow colours My favourite is using a rainbow of colours, especially when it's for a very special little girl's birthday.
Fashionable stamping 1/3 resist it
Not just cards 1/3 anything goes
Addicted to stamps 1/3 anything goes


I also made her a quick tag for her present too; this photo does not do justice to the black sparkly embossing powder I used, it really glints.


All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the new challenge album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £40 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

Remember to add your "sparkle projects" to the FB album here The challenge
ends on 30  November. It will be great to see them all and you might even be the randomly selected winner of a £40 voucher to spend on the website...now that would be like Christmas coming early wouldn't it!


Thanks for stopping by today, if I'm honest I don't think it's just Daisy who believes in unicorns, you can count me in too......how about you 😂? I made her a unicorn birthday cake too, here's a sneak peek, I will share it all in the week when I have sorted out my photos.



Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. Daisy must be over the moon with her unicorn themed birthday. She is lucky to have a super creative gran. A fabulous collection. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your rainbow BG! Thank you so much for playing along in the Create Your Own Background over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for a 5 year old girl!! I agree you can't have enough sparkles at that age!
    I'm so glad Daisy had a fun filled, sparkly unicorn birthday. :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in unicorns too Jane! I can just imagine Daisy loooving this card. Gosh - where did that 5 years go!
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those cards.. and the sneak peak of the cake makes me look forward to more of it! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I can just imagine Daisy’s face when Nana arrived with all these wonderful goodies. Lots of colours and beautiful sparkles for a gorgeous girl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a stunning card! The rainbow colours with the white embossed unicorn and glittery stars looks amazing - I love it 😀. The unicorn cake is a work of art too, I'm sure your daughter had the most amazing birthday! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge again! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, a quite colorful and brilliantly colored card. The unicorn is a beautiful motive for the resist technique. Thanks for participating in the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Crafty Hugs
    hanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card and tag for Daisy - you really did her proud Jane! And the cake - WOW!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card, awesome tag and awesome cake!!! Daisy is one lucky little girl!
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps. Doni,DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card and tag Jane. You've gone to a lot of trouble and I imagine Daisy was thrilled with her unicorn birthday (and yes we all believe in them, they're real of course)
    Thanks for playing along with the As You Like It rainbow/monochrome challenge

    Anne x
    https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
    http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x