Saturday 24 November 2018

Theatricals and pantomimes at Christmas

At this time of the year lots of people treat themselves to a trip to the theatre or the pantomime. When I was up in London last week as I walked into Victoria station to catch the train I spotted a couple of shows running now.


Personally I am not a huge pantomime fan but I do love a show, opera or the ballet. In the past I have seen several ballets at the Coliseum and I even saw Darcy Bussell dance at the Royal Opera house many years ago. 

Today I am sharing an "extra" post for Visible Image showcasing their stamp set Maskerade
which is of course based on the comedy and tragedy masks. 
I decided to make a card based around a stage, complete with lush curtains. For the background I used  elemental
 stamping it in white on an oxide background on black card stock. I put this behind a die cut shape.
I also die cut some black card to give some extra layers and texture.
I wanted to make rich, velvet looking curtains so I put on my thinking cap and came up with the idea to red emboss black card with the rectangular stamp from

I cut out the shape of a curtain and added a ribbon for a tie back. I also created a "valance" which you can see in the finished photos. 
I stamped the masks onto gold card
and then layered everything up.

Here is my finished card
with a couple of close ups...

I even added some drama to the inside....because as the sentiment says "Behind every mask lies a story"....
Mine is obviously a happy one!
Here is one last shot.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Craft stamper take it make it 3/3 November
Allsorts 1/3 inspired by a song..mine is The music of the night from The phantom of the opera.
Crafty catz 1/3 anything goes
Artistic inspirations 3/3 anything goes
As you like it Do you prefer digi or rubber mine is rubber..there is so much more you can do with "real stamps"

All the stamps I have used are half price!!!! in their amazing Black Friday sale which last until Monday, or as long as stock lasts.
Just click on this link and "fill you boots".....don't miss out!

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the new challenge album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £40 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

Remember to add your "sparkle projects" to the FB album here The challenge
ends on 30  November. It will be great to see them all and you might even be the randomly selected winner of a £40 voucher to spend on the website...now that would be like Christmas coming early wouldn't it!

Do you have any theater or pantomime plans this year?...Oh yes you do (on no you don't 😂😁😂) I know I just couldn't resist that!

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely weekend.

I am back on Monday with another Visible Image DT make and it could not be any more different to my card today. Stay tuned.....

Bye for now,

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. Very theatrical! :) (:
    Happy weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that will be going through my mind all day Jane, love the music and the musical which we've seen a few time, took our eldest Graddaughter for her 15th Birthday and she was enthralled. Such a dramatic creation and perfect Allsorts entry, many thanks.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The detail on this is wonderful. I enjoyed seeing Wicked here in Dallas, TX when my daughter was a senior in high school. We tried to get tickets yrs before that & it was always sold out. Not seen Phantom of the Opera. My fav musicals I've seen are: Cats, King & I, Lion King and Wicked.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the red and black. I love going to the theater, though I've never gone to a pantomime. I'm glad you had fun shopping with your mum. Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great combination of stamps Jane! Very theatrical.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever creations and super colours. Thank you for joining our 'Inspired by a song' theme at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining us at challenge Artistic Inspirations
    DT Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great detailed card, very dramatic. Perfect for our inspired by a song challenge at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x