Friday 1 February 2019

February, the love month

******Hello, this is my third (!) post today. If you are looking for my 1st of the month DT project for Country View you will find it here. The Turner syndrome awareness blog hop post for mid morning is here *********************

Because today is not only
the first of the month but also the first Friday in the month it is also time for my Theme and Sketch Design Team inspiration post for STAMPlorations. February is the month of love and the theme is very apt.

 The lovely sketch you can also work with is below.
The rules in brief are that you need to use stamping on your projects. You don't have to use STAMPlorations stamps to enter but of course we love it if you do! You can link up 6 times with new blog posts and you need to add our logo to your post. You can go with the theme, the sketch or both, the choice is yours. There are some fab prizes to be won too! The details are here

I chose to work with the theme and sketch and this is what I got up to;

I used this really gorgeous stamp set called Romantic expressions 1 Until 14 Feb there is an automatic 15% discount on this set and if you add my unique code STAMPGIRLJANE at the checkout you can get another 20% off! 
I got out my Oxides to make a blended pink background.
I added some water for interest and dried everything off. I added some faux stitching to the edge with a silver pen and stamped one of the sentiments (there are 3 lovely ones in this set) and some of the fun accent stamps. I also distressed the card edge.
I stamped some onto some white heart die cuts and coloured them in with gel pens.
I also added a glitter die cut heart for some extra texture. Here is my finished card
and a close up
I would like to link my card up with the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Monday love is in the air
Moving along with the times 3/3 have a heart
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Addicted to stamps and more 2/3  anything goes
Crafting from the heart 2/3 anything goes
Die cuttin Divas 2/3 anything goes
Crafty sentiments 2/3 anything goes
Cute card Thursdays 1/3 Valentines
Time out 1/3 photo inspiration I was inspired by all those fab hearts!
Craft Stamper take it make it 1/3 February

It would be lovely to see you joining us this month. Here is the link again. Remember the extra 20% savings, on top of any other discount being offered, on any order over at the STAMPlorations web site here just by using my code; STAMPGIRLJANE at the checkout. Shery ships internationally at very reasonable rates. 

Enjoy your February. At last the days will start to get lighter...hooray!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

15 comments:

  1. wow you used this set to perfection,love all the sparkle touches and perfect placement of the sentiment...given me some ideas-thanks for inspiration and joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the stamps and a clever design for a male Valentine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the background! great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Jane. The background is beautiful and I love the sentiment. Adding some colour with the gel pens is a perfect finishing touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been a busy girl today, no matter how many X chromosomes were involved. I don't know anything about Turner's Syndrome and will look into it. As always, lovely cards. I especially like the sunshine one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, love that you describe the process!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful Valentine card.. I might need to make some too.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great design with the patchwork effects, beautiful card Jane. Have a great month xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch design. Your stitched hearts are really sweet with their patchwork patches, and they pop beautifully against the zingy background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this. The blending of the background is something I need to do more of. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the hearts used on this blending background - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design for Valentine's, Jane - thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you have used that stamp set Jane. Awesome. Great touch with the faux stitching. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great use of the sketch and fab inking.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time. What a lovely card - just perfect for Valentines Day!

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x