Wednesday 1 May 2019

May time play time!

Oh I do love May, it's time for the temperatures to rise and I should be able to get back to my studio and spend lots of time in my garden. Both the best forms of play for me!
and lots of days out with my DD and Jack.


It is also time for our newest challenge over at Country View. For May Teresa has chosen the theme of opposites. Now I will be honest I really did struggle with this one and if like me you need some inspiration try Googling the word opposites and you can find lots of examples, which is what I did. Of course you will also find more inspiration from my teamies over at the Country View Challenge blog and every other day we will be sharing some more inspiration for you.
You can enter our May challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing is absolutely FREE! All the details for the challenge can be found here.

So after my Google search I came up with the following pair of words; Visible and Invisible and it didn't take me long to remember I had the perfect stamp set for this. My Alice in Wonderland Cheshire cat set by Visible Image (no pun intended!) He is out of stock at the moment over at Country View but if you put your email address in Susan will email you as soon as she gets new stock..remember that she also offers FREE UK postage too on all orders.
I made a Brushos background and coloured my Cheshire cat with watercolours adding Glossy Accents to his eyes. This is my "Visible" part of my card.
I then stamped the face from the set as the "Invisible" part, adding Glossy accents again to the eyes to make them shine out from the background.
I die cut a teacup and saucer and yellow embossed the fish bone.
I added a Clearly Besotted birthday and put everything together.
Here is my "Visible and Invisible" opposites card;
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Lil patch of crafty friends 2/3 anything goes
A gem of a challenge 2/3 anything goes
Die cuttin Divas 1/3 anything goes
Through the craft room door 1/2 anything goes
We love to create 1/2 anything mixed media
Crafting by design 1/3 anything goes
Happy Little stampers watercolour challenge anything goes/happy
Time out 1/3 Playful

I hope to see lots of you joining in the fun..the details again are here.
 I will be back with my 2nd opposites card for Country View Challenges on Sunday. I have had fun with that one too...stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me.

Bye for now,

Jane x

14 comments:

  1. I love everything about this from the Brusho background to the fact it has the Cheshire cat! I'm also an Alice fan! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards, Alex aka PinkCraftyMama
    TTCRD DT
    PinkCraftyMama.com {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project - love all things Alice!! Have a lovely evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great interpretation of the opposites theme!!! The Cheshire cat was a fabulous choice and I love the background!!! Big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Jane - a great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Jane, such a fun idea! Have a very happy May, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe I do love the Cheshire Cat!! :)
    Yes it's great to have garden time again ... although our weather is still a bit up and down!!
    Happy Thursday my dear, we have another little birthday tea today!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever ! I really struggled ! lol
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same struggle here... but kudos for finding something unexpected! Great fun, Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. https://welove2create.blogspot.com
    Thank you for sharing your project with the DT from We Love To Create, lovely colours and the Cat is wonderfull, thank you for joining into the fun Hugs Terry xxx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a good way to interpret the "opposites" theme! Great Brushos background and fun elements, especially that bright and bold Cheshire cat! Thanks for joining us for the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a glorious idea! I love your card - and I had a deep think on the theme too ;-)
    Have a wonderful May!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card. Love the colored background you created. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's such a fabulous, energetic background, Jane ... so fun with the smiling cheshire cat(s)! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous card! I love the colour combination and your visible/invisible design 😀. The cheery Cheshire Cat is perfect too! Thanks so much for having me as Guest Designer this month 😊. Creative wishes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x