For my latest fortnightly Visible Image
design team project, our theme was MAGICAL — and I had great fun
creating this colourful little fantasy scene.
I used The Caterpillar stamp set, together with a sentiment from Stay Weird.. I thought the sentiment was perfect for this quirky little character sitting happily on his giant toadstall!
I created the vibrant background using Distress Stain Sprays and adding some extra splatters of water to give it a little extra texture and a magical, slightly dreamy feel. Once dry I stamped the toadstool in place using Nocturne Versafine Clair ink and coloured it with Distress watercolour pencils.
I added the white spots using a white Posca pen.
I stamped the caterpillar onto white card, clear heat embossed and cut him out. Using Distress Watercolour Pencils I added adding lots of bright colour to make him really stand out against the background.
I stamped the sentiment onto some inky mop up card and cut around it to create a cloud. I also cut a couple of other little clouds by hand. These added some dimension by layering the clouds and caterpillar.
The finishing touch was some glossy accent on his glasses so that they reflect like a real pair.
I love how colourful and whimsical this card turned out. Sometimes it's fun to step away from traditional card making and create a little world of your own. I hope this gives you some inspiration to get out your stamps and inks and create something magical?
Do come and visit me over on Instagram here where I share creative posts most days. It would be lovely to see you there.
Bye for now,
Jane x












No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.
Jane x