Thursday 3 February 2011

A little gift of kindness....follow up to my Pay It Forward

I promised I would post a follow up to my Pay it Forward to show what handmade gift I would be sending to my fellow "Pay it Forward" blogger friends. So far I have Andrea from the delightful blog FallingLadies who is joining me for the fun.

 Please do have a look at my original Pass it Forward blog here and see if you too would like to play along. If you do please add you comment at the bottom of that post not this one. I still have 2 free spaces (as this post was launched) for anyone who is interested. It involves just sending a little gift of kindness to 3 fellow bloggers who will also pass it on. The aim is to spread a little happiness via our blogging world.

I thought you would like to see what I am sending Andrea. I contacted her to ask if she had a favourite colour and her  response was blue......


So I  first made a blue themed card. In my recent giveaway I noticed that Andrea's favourite card was my butterfly one so I decided to keep to this theme. I used some bright cheerful blue floral backing paper. I added a  pretty punched  border ( I so love using punches). I used white glitter card for this. I added  jewels to the body of the butterfly to give some sparkle to the card.
I have deliberately left the card blank so that Andrea can use it for any celebration or she could even keep it as a little picture if she want to.

 Then I checked my bead stash and found some pretty one-of-a-kind artisan lampwork beads in a blue colour and made up something new that I have been playing with recently.............

............bag charms.  I have been  working on these as a thank you gift as part of a rather special birthday of mine which is coming up in April. I will show you more in another post. I have found some lovely Tibetan silver charms to add and I am quite pleased with this prototype. The charms I used here are a funky sandal and bunch of keys together with a very dainty dragonfly.  I shall package these up and get them off to Andrea, they will be going to the USA. I hope she enjoys them.

Whilst I am showing some WIP I thought I would also give you a peep of the invites I have recently sent out....hmmm yes this is really is happening to me soon.
Here is one finished

 ......... now that does look quite old when you see it in rather large gold numbers, but hey they say it's the new 30 so I am going to celebrate it in style when it arrives. I have booked a small country hotel restaurant for the Sunday after my birthday and have invited my closest family and friends to enjoy lunch. I am really looking forward to it and am now working on making the place cards. The theme will be spring and I intend to have some lovely spring flowers on the tables too. I still have plenty of time to get things done but it pays to get organised now. I even made and sent out "Save the Date" invites last October....just to make sure people kept the day free. It is an incredible coincidence but my lunch is the same day as Mother's Day!
 
These were very cheerful birdies asking everyone to save the date and everyone has!

So there we are, lots of things on the go...busy, busy...not sure though that Billy is! He is just dozing here on his favourite chair. I think he too is looking forward to some warmer weather when he can chase insects and lie in the shade of his favourite bush in the garden.

Whilst I was looking at some photos recently I found some of Billy as a kitten. This one below was taken in September 2008 when my daughter came to visit him for the first time. If you want an ahhhhhh moment,here is one........

What a sweetie! I had forgotten how tiny he used to be...and he still has his glorious pink nose!

I should now get back to some of my projects. There is also an exciting day for me coming up on Sunday..another precious metal clay class and we will be making a ring in a day. I will take my trusty camera and share all! Watch this space.

Bye for now,

Jane x

19 comments:

  1. Hello Jane! What a lovely gift you have made!
    It does look big number in gold, but what can we do, just pass it...
    I'm sure your and your friends will have wonderful day in that small restaurant!
    Have a lovely day! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jane! What a lovely gift you have made!
    It does look big number in gold, but what can we do, just pass it...
    I'm sure your and your friends will have wonderful day in that small restaurant!
    Have a lovely day! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Teje, I am seeing you in double today, how wonderful!
    Yes that number does look a little larger than life but hey it's just a number..
    I don't want to wish time away but yes roll on the spring!
    Enjoy your lovely sunshine,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about the number Jane, it comes and it goes. I'm that number +2 now but in my head I'm still 18!!!!
    Lovely cards as always and your bag charm is so pretty. :)
    I actually did go ahhhhhh when I saw Billy as a kitten! I'm with him on the warmer weather (well not on the chasing insects, obviously). Wish it was here!
    Have a lovely day and enjoy your weekend class!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Vivienne, I think I got stuck in my head around 22?? I think I will always be there too inside.
    Thanks for your visit and kind comments as always. Yes that is such an ahhh moment with Billy!
    Roll on spring.Have a great weekend too.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane!

    This post made me smile so wide, as the cards, the bag-charm (I am a big fan, I always have something shiny clinging in my handbag!) and Billy-dear! Loving it all!

    ...and the age-thing...I think I stopped at 27 (and haven't looked back since even it was...a few years ago):) so you're just as YOUNG as you feel, dear! The cards look fabulous, and please do not forget to share it all with us, the preps, fun and all!

    Have a wonderful day and many greetings from SNOWY!!! Finland again!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Jane...what a beautiful card you created and my oh my, the charms/beads are gorgeous too! I know your PIF recipient will just love it. I thank you for adding so much to my blog experience. It is always so awesome to meet such a good heart as you. Yes, embrace the new 30! I had heard in my 20's that 40 was going to be awesome...and it was, so I know that 50 will be even better. I wish you a pre-happy birthday, Jane!! Oh, and my oh my, the invites and birdie cards turned out fabulously..so well crafted and sweet! Have a lovely rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane! My beautiful cards arrived yesterday. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Happy early birthday. I will be celebrating 40 this year -- you've inspired me to do something memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mia, I agree with the age thing but I must admit those big gold numbers did stand out a bit-LOL!
    Keep warm with all that snow but at least January is done and dusted. It's also nearly 5pm as I type this and not yet dark..yipee!
    Billy sends a kiss from his chair!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shirley, I have so enjoyed the PIF! Thanks for passing it on to me. I must admit I do like being the age I am...not sure I would really like to be 16 again...hmmmm..very hard work!
    "See" you soon,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bethanie, I am so glad my giveaway cards arrived safely. Please enjoy using them.You must celebrate your 40th....it was my last big birthday party and I just cannot believe it was 10 years ago!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane, that's a lovely gift, I especially like the dark blue bead, I'm sure it'll be gratefully received.

    You are so organised for your Birthday, I'm never that good, always leaving it until a bit too late, even for the big ones. In fact I'm never quite sure how old I am, I once said I was 36 only for my Mother to point out I was 37 (bit older now) - lol! You're as old as you feel, so I'm sticking at about 28 :) Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Beth,I know what you mean about forgetting how old you are. I can remember how amazed I was when I was young and my Mum had to work out her age from the year we were in. It happens to us all pretty quickly...!
    I am really looking forward to getting all my family and friends together...roll on spring!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jane! I'm so happy to see that you have a second person who is joining in on the PIF! I will mention this on my blog this weekend..you take good care and enjoy the weekend ahead! Always so nice of you to swing by with your very kind words. Thank you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jane! Such a beautiful, soft blue butterfly card! Seems just like a hint of spring, doesn't it?
    Good to hear that you're planning a party to mark your special day- I wouldn't expect that you could let it pass without doing it up in style!
    P.S. Always enjoy "baby pics" of the furry friends! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes Shirley...good isn't it! Speak soon,
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you like the baby pic of Billy as a baby Michele, I had forgotten how small and wooley he was! I shall certainly be celebrating in style soon and you are all invited to watch the preparations unfold. All great fun ;0)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well done you for joining in with the PIF - I'm not sure why it is so hard to get people to do this (considering how generous crafters are as a rule). I tried it last year and only got one participant. I have joined another one and will be doing PIF on my blog in March instead of my usual giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am pleased to say Cindy that I have now got 2 participants so fingers crossed for the 3rd??
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x