Sunday 24 September 2017

My Creative Chemistry with Tim Holtz

If you saw my last post you would have read that I had a date with none other than the professor of all things inky, Tim Holtz at his Creative Chemistry Live UK edition workshop in Harrogate on Friday.


Oh my...what a day!

 The sun even shone and as I walked to the class from the hotel I smiled at the colours of the autumn trees.


The workshop was held at Art from the Heart in Harrogate
Everything was set up for us as we arrived...including our very own Tim Holtz aprons which of course we all got signed.
 There were 25 very exited people raring to create...including ME!

I cannot describe how much fun I had and what a brilliant teacher he is. Tim is just such a great guy, his teaching is inspiring and with Mario helping with the smooth running of the class, the workshop was everything and more than I dreamt it could possibly be. He also has some very funny crafting anecdotes which I will always remember.
 The ever smiling and helpful Mario, kept everything running so smoothly.
I will obviously not share Tim's teaching notes but I will share what I made.
It was also such fun to be among a group of such like minded crafters. We really did come out with the biggest smiles possible on our faces, and laden with goodies too. I also caught up with some blogging ladies and Facebook friends who I have never met but felt like old friends. 

These are the tags I made. 10 tags to learn 10 new inky techniques.
We were even given a little folder to hold them in
 and so many wonderful goodies ..in the photo further down you will see the bag he gave us to put everything in. Such generosity.

And when class finished Tim patiently signed everything we wanted signing and posed for photos...
even taking a selfie for me on my phone.

Wow, that really was an experience I can tick off my best wish list...I was in crafting heaven. Thanks Tim and Mario you really are the best....and thanks to Ben of AFTH for organising the whole event.

So today I decided to take my 4 favourite tags (below) I made on Friday and use a combination of these 4 techniques to make a tag to put into Jane's Journal to remember this most awesome creative experience.

I used one of my favourite Tim stamp sets, Lady Rose to watercolour with Distress Oxides and chose colours from those I saw around in me on that warm sunny September day.

 Remember the now was the perfect sentiment to use.

So I used a little Creative Chemistry...

to make my tag.

some close ups




I will certainly remember that glorious autumn creative day.

More words cannot express just how much I enjoyed myself and also what gentlemen Tim and Mario are. I know they won't be reading my blog but I just want to say the biggest thank you to them. Moments like that are ones to treasure forever.  When I look at my tag in my journal it will help me to

Remember the now.

I would like to link my tag up into the following challenges;

The Ribbon Girl 2/3 any image
Frilly and Funkie 2/3 to everything there is a season
Happy Little stampers September watercolour
Creative Inspirations 2/3 Seasonal my season is a glorious start to autumn
Craft Stamper take it make it September
Rubber Dance favourite stamp Lady Rose is my favoruite Tim Holtz stamp set

I am back tomorrow with my weekly Visible Image DT post, the weather this weekend has just been glorious. Enjoy the sunshine if you have it. If not I have plenty to send.

See you in the morning,

Bye for now,

Jane x

17 comments:

  1. How lovely to see that you had a great time Jane ! I would have loved to be there too ! Great tags too !
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags are wonderful Jane and it looks and sounds like you had the most wonderful time. Glad the sun shone for you...not so bright yesterday but better today. I bet you will relive Friday in your mind for along time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you to attend such a fantastic event! The tags you made are spectacular so it was well worth your efforts. You should send your blog link to those two guys, I am sure they would love seeing your feedback. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your memories and photos of the wonderful event with The Professor. Your creations are amazing! A good friend of mine also
    attended one of Tim's workshops this weekend and know she will be buzzing for months! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read it and it was awesome...thank you for your kind words and thank you for spending your time with us. I am so happy you enjoyed the class and had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much for the kind words jane. i appreciate you taking the time to share your creative adventures of the day. here's to taking time to never stop making. all the best - tim

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Remember the Now" ? Well I don't think you're going to forget in a hurry!! Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful day.....and as for them not reading your blog...well think again lovely lady! :)
    Beautiful creations too!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow!!! I am so jealous!! Brilliant work. You must have had a wonderful TIMe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear jane,

    I am so so happy for you!
    You are beaming!
    The tags you created are breath-taking beautiful and I just enjoy seeing you this happy so very much!
    (BTW: Love your nails ;-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Jane! I can tell you were a top student, because your tag is just breath taking! I so enjoyed reading your post, and am so pleased you shared your special day with us! I am, of course, green with envy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait, did I see Tim and Mario comment here?! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow-you lucky Gal! I am envious that you had such a great time creating these tags with Mr. Tim Holtz! They commented here too which is super and I'm certain they were happy you did not share the secrets. I love your last tag also because it is truly autumn inspired. I wonder how you created this tag and love to learn this

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like a faubulous day Jane, I'm only a teeny bit green - ok maybe a lot, but I'm glad you had such a fun time. Your tag is beautiful and I'm sure it will help you remember your special day. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Rubber Dance. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful experience for you! I've taken Tim's classes online, but to do so in person...wow! The tags you made in class are incredible! And I love the art tag you made for your journal to help you remember the experience. It's beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "To Everything There Is a Season" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful results! It is simply amazing! Thank you for playing along in the Rubber Dance Theme Challenge this month! xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful selection of tags and the one you chose to share with us is the tops with all the layers of stamping. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Jane---Getting caught up with all of your Autumn events. You look so HAPPY here and on IG. What a wonderful experience. Here's to more creative days....

    Anne xx
    PlumTrees22

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x