Wednesday 6 November 2019

Designing for Creative Stamping magazine

If you follow me on Instagram (@jane.tyrrell or there is a link in my side bar) you may have seen my post on Sunday sharing my very exciting news, which I have been sitting on for a few months now. I was invited by Creative Stamping Magazine to join their design team and Issue #78 which goes on sale this Thursday 7th November will feature my first commission. Not only that but I am a cover girl
with my snowy cabin rocker card. 
 My makes use stamps from the free set which come with this edition. It is called wild winter.
They are such a super set and can be used not just for Christmas but for winter birthdays or greetings cards.
I made 4 male themed cards and obviously you will need to buy the magazine if you would like to see them.  They all have full step by step instructions of how to make them.

However in addition to the 4 cards I made for the magazine I also made a couple of extras which I will to share here on my blog.
Today I will share my Polar Bear and penguin Christmas card, I will share the other make soon. 
I used zig watercolour makers to colour all my stamped images.
 I made an inky background from spray inks.
There is also a super iceberg stamp which I stamped 2 of the sentiments on to. I cut out my elements and added a couple of die cut stars,
Here is my card.
with a close up
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Sweet stampin 1/3 Fireworks/celebrations my celebration is obviously Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #462
Crafter's Castle 1/3 anything goes
Love to craft 1/3 anything goes
Mix it up 1/5 anything goes
Crafty catz 1/3 anything goes/snow
Penny Black and more 1/3 Christmas
Dragonfly dreams 1/3 Christmas/winter
A bit more time to craft 1/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Happy little stampers watercolour anything goes
Through the craft room door 1/3 anything goes
Happy Little stampers Christmas anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by and for all the support you give me here. I so appreciate it. Creative Stamping Magazine is a brilliant magazine with so much inspiration inside. It is for sale in major supermarkets and WHSmith and abroad too. You can also take out on line subscriptions. If you spot it on your travels give my card a little wave, it will smile right back at you 😁

Back soon,


Bye for now,

Jane x

9 comments:

  1. Awe it really is fantastic news Jane and they're very lucky to have you!!
    I love your wintery cards .... isn't that a cute little bunny stamp!! :)
    Enjoy the rest of your week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* Jane! You're becoming such a stamping rock star!! Love the cards.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, congrats on your appointment to DT for the magazine. I like your wintry scene featuring the polar bear and puffin bird. Thank you for joining in at CHNC Anything Christmas Goes with optional twist of Something beginning with H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations!!! And I love your card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations, you will have fun
    beautiful card from the set
    thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new team, Jane. Thanks for sharing your polar bear card with us at HLS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Congratulations. It is an awesome card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inspiration! I like the colors of your card.
    Thank you for entering our HLS XMAS challenge.
    I'm sorry to comment so late.
    hugs,
    BozenA DT HLS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x