Thursday 1 December 2016

The countdown to Christmas begins

Wahooo it's the first of December today and the real count down to Christmas can begin. I have one of my vintage advent calendars up and I am ready to open the first window. I chose this one for 2016
 I just adore the illustrations.........
so much nostalgia, I am transported right back to my early childhood in the 1960s.


As it is the first of the month it is also my DT post for Country View Crafts so today I will be sharing my card I made for this months challenge. It's an easy peesy theme this month............Christmas. You can share any handmade craft, it doesn't have to be cards or tags it could even be a handmade ornament as long as it is Christmas themed. There are no limitations to the number of other challenges or the number times you can enter. You can win a £20 voucher too so it's win win in my books! All the details can be seen here

I decided to take one of my favourite ever Christmas stamps and show 2 completely different colourways and designs for Christmas carda. My first is today and the second will be in my follow up DT post which falls on 21 December.

I adore this Stampendous stamp and it has been used on many of my Christmas cards.
For my first colourway I wanted a really "Let it snow" card. I stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured a few areas with distress inks and used a ruler to rip the edges
I embossed a snowy background
 and die cut a selection of festive images. To the corrugated tree I added some bling
 It was them time to put my card together.

I would like to enter my cards into the following challenges;

That's Crafty 2/2 All grungy
An inky mess2/3 anything mixed media
Time out 3/3Christmas with an optional twist of glitter/shimmer I added the twist with my shimmery tree and mirror card sentiment.
Winter Wonderland 2/3poinsettia or snow is falling I have gone for snow is falling
Christmas card challenge 2/3anything goes #50
Moving along with the times 2/3 anything goes with Christmas
Simon Says stamp Monday O christmas tree
Simon Says Wednesday anything goes
Simons Says Work it Wednesday 1/3 use dies
Mod Squad 1/3 dimension
The Artistic Stamper 1/3 Christmas

I have lots to get done today as tomorrow I will be selling my cards and jewellery at Dotty's Teahouse Christmas market in Carshalton... and yes the card above is up for sale there.
I will be there from 11am - 9pm. Please tell any friends and family who might be in the local area and if you are around do pop in and say hi. It would be so lovely to see you there.


I also have one last very exciting piece of news...I have been published again. Yes I am in the current edition of Craft Stamper. It's a very special edition as it's their 200th
and here is a sneak peek of my published card
I might have to pop into WH Smith to take a peep whilst I wait for my copy to arrive ;0)

Must dash, lots of last minute things to pack.  I really hope to have lots of eager customers at Dotty's tomorrow. I will be back with a report and hopefully photos, if I get a chance, very soon.
The window down there is just perfect.....

I'm checking that list......................
Happy December everyone.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

25 comments:

  1. Wow! super post in every way. Love your advent calendar, have to admit to loving them as a child but never had one as a grown up :( only the Jacqui Lawson ones on the computer. You card is beautiful and I am sure it will not be on the shelf at Dottys for long. Good luck with all your sales...I am sure you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe love your festive card, very traditional!! Love your advent calendar too, such pretty nostalgic images!!
    Just relax and enjoy the experience tomorrow, your work is beautiful and people will love it!!
    And huge congrats on being published again, well deserved! :)
    Happy Thursday my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Christmas card, Jane! Congrats to the publishing and have luck at the Christmas market! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is wonderfully wintery and festive, Jane! Love this!
    Congrats for being published again! Wow!
    Now I wish you a good sale for the weekend!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty and I love that stamp as well. So much one can do with that stamp. I love your layout. Congrats on your card being published! This is great news that you are in this magazine which i have bought on occasion. Love the advent Calendar which i always get and is so typically German. Back in the day, my mom could only find them at the German delicatessen and they were always so sparkly and pretty. I wish i knew how to make one in that old fashioned way and find a way to open the doors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this stamps, very nostalgic of Christmas past... The embellishments layers are great too, a lovely card Jane! Congrats on being published xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for getting published! Awesome. Your card is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of exciting things happening for you, Jane.. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on getting published again! Such an honor. LOVE that card.. so gorgeous. Have fun this month and hope you sell tons at the fair. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing that amazing advent calendar - what a treasure you have, and in wonderful condition! And you used one of my favorite stamps for your card today - love how you embellished it! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun advent calendar, I could just stand at stare at that for hours!! Beautiful card Jane, I love the glittery icicles! Super congrats on being published again, you have had a wonderful year this year! Love the window display, how festive and fun! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Jane! Congratulations on being published..
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card, I really love it! Congratulations on being published again Jane! How pretty Dotty's looks....hope you have a great time at the fair.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Jane. Love the image and all the details.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Lou DT xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such fabulous detail on this card, thanks for sharing with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I truly hope you have fantastic sales Jane! Dotty's seems like a very special place. The stamp you used for your Christmas card is one of my favorite. I love what you did with it.
    Your advent calendar is such a keepsake - what a treasure!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card congratulations at being published. Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is gorgeous!!
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow.. your card is gorgeous! Love all the beautiful details on it. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Jane,

    What a lovely calendar you have, so you! And the biggest congratulations on being published again, here's to many more to come! I am so proud of you ❤!!! Happy second Advent Sunday, I wish you had the greatest day at Dotty's?

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fabulous vintage image and design for your card Jane, I bet it looks amazing irl. Was thinking of you Friday at Dotty's and hoping it all went well. Looking forward to hear all about it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on being published Jane.
    This is also a well loved stamp of mine. Thanks for ideas to ring the changes. Look fabulous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a FANTASTIC mixed media card. Love the vintage look and all of the wonderful elements you put together to make this wonderful creation. Thanks for taking "Time Out" to play our Christmas challenge. Stephanie, Time Out Design Team Member.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That stamp is beautiful on it's own but you took it to the next level with all of your lovely die cuts layered on! Hope your sale went well Jane - what a lovely shop! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Jane. Awesome news that you were in Craft Stamper! Very exciting, congratulations. I have missed catching up on your news and seeing your beautiful card makes, I'm enjoying a good read tonight. It must be nearly Christmas time if your fab vintage calendars is out, I ALWAYS think of you when I see a proper 'old fashioned' one. I've been spoilt rotten this year and my sister bought me two beauty advent calendars, which has been a real treat. I'm going to keep reading, hoping for some Daisy photos to come up :) Bethxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the stamped image and great die-cuts----Thank you for joining us at A Inky Mess
    Carol DT x
    love the Vintage Advent calendar
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x