Saturday 2 May 2015

April showers bring forth May flowers

Here we are in May and April's sunshine and in fact, lack of showers,has brought on my spring flowers beautifully. Initially my pots were blooming with daffodils and then a few weeks ago my parrot tulips appeared. If you missed my journal pages of these do have a look here. Whilst having a cuppa in the garden with my Hb this lunchtime I noticed that the last of my tulips have popped up in my pots.

Say hello to my raspberry ripple newbies. Now that's not their real name but they remind me of raspberry ripple ice cream, such pretty reds, pinks and whites


I was able to have a couple of hours this afternoon in my garden studio. I decided that I needed to get these wonderful new blooms into my journal so armed with my trusty tulip stamp I opened up my pages and after giving a light cover of gesso I began to create my latest pages.

I never really have a plan with my journal , things really do just happen, that's what I love about it.
The only plan I had is that as we are now in May that I would try to use the end of the saying "March winds, April showers brings forth May flowers". I wanted to incorporate my beautiful new tulips. Also there are also some fun challenges up and running . I really enjoy entering challenges so I looked at their themes too to help with my inspiration.

I started by ripping up some scraps of sunshine/showers and flowers themed paper from my stash and added a die cut.

Next I had fun swooshing my sprays using blue for the sky, yellow for the sunshine and green for the grass and leaves in my garden. I allowed the blue to drip down as this was part of my showers representation. 
I wanted even more sunshine so I added some archival ink through my TH sun rays stencil to the garden side of my pages. 

I used my Ryn water drops stamp to represent the April showers.
I stamped my tulips and edged them with highlighter
and I then got so engrossed that I didnt' t take any more photos! 

So here are my finished Jane's Journal pages from today.

 I added some cloud die cuts which I shaded with Pan Pastel
 I painted over the tulip blooms with acylics using raspberry ripple colours.

 I love the way all the layers show through
What a fun afternoon I had and bless him whilst I was engrossed in my studio  my darling Hb was starting to strip the wallpaper off in the back bedroom. Thanks for tolerating my art M, you are the best!

I would like to enter my journal pages into the following challenges;


Paperartsy  topic 8 sprays I was very inspired by Leandra's introduction to the topic last Sunday....there are so many sprays and it is great to combine them.
The Artistic stamper journaling your heart out
Our creative corner April showers and/or May flowers
Country View crafts simply scenic this is the scene in little garden at the moment!
Simon Says Stamp work it Wednesday add something yellow
Craft stamper take it make it take a stamp
Noor!UK May flowers
Allsorts April showers bring May flowers
Fussy and Fancy lots of flowers
Simon says stamp Monday anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
That Craft Place No cards
Crafting Musketeers use a die cut
The mixed media monthly challenge May flowers

I hope you are all having some time to relax over the bank holiday. The weather has not been too bad here today and tomorrow we may get a little more sunshine. We hope to go for a walk to see the bluebells in the local woods. I also hope to get some time to make Tim's May tag as he has used one of my favourite backings, hessian, for his latest.

Thanks for taking the time to visit me,

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

33 comments:

  1. Awe what a lovely page! I love the effect of the raindrops, they look 3D!
    Your raspberry ripple tulips are so beautiful and so like ice cream.
    It has been horrible here today, non stop rain and absolutely freezing!
    Happy Sunday my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tulips. I can see why they remind you of raspberry ripple ice cream (slurp!). I love how you worked them into your page too. Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pages Jane - absolutely gorgeous - love it all! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *love* the tulip AND the rain drops! Another fab card. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal pages are fantastic...lovely! And your photos are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello dear Jane,
    I had never seen such pretty Tulips before!
    Your pages are GORGEOUS! what a lovely contrast between the two perfect to illustrate this time of year...and great minds think alike ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous journalling pages.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photo's and love your pages, oh and how come the spider and web was your first purchase, so unusual??
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The raspberry ripple tulips are delicious, Jane! Love your journal pages too....such wonderful raindrops!!
    Happy bank holiday weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Jane, you really do have the most beautiful garden and I love that you pull inspiration from your flowers to use in your work!! Gorgeous page, I love how you separated the rain and the flowers, it's amazing! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab page ! I am glad you participate in the Artistic Stamper's monthly challenge ! Thank you !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello dear Jane,

    Wow - such gorgeous tulips! Simply fantastic! And your journal page is so beautiful too, LOVE those raindrops!

    Happy May, dear friend, may it be sunny and creative!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous journal's page. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous project! Thanks for joining in the TIMI challenge at Craft Stamper!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely art journal pages, Jane! You're using some of my favorite colors and one of my favorite stencils :) I totally see your gorgeous "raspberry ripple" tulips in bloom on your May page :) I like your name of raspberry ripple for those gorgeous tulips!! :) Yummy :)
    Thank you sooo much for joining my April Showers Bring May Flowers challenge at Our Creative Corner this month :)
    XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pages, Jane! Fabulous! Beautifully executed. Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ~Michelle

    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful creation bursting with colour Jane, many thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jane, Never got a chance to comment this weekend, but I think your page is Stunning! I just think it is so well thought out and created. Love the raindrops and the colors are perfect for the message.
    Love the parrot tulip and the striping is so candy like. I want to eat them!
    Hope you have a wonderful bank holiday my friend.
    xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  19. The raspberry ripple tulips are gorgeous and I really like how you composed this piece with the colors and sun vs. water drops and flowers resulting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cheerful spread! Think it's great that you took close ups from different angles. I really enjoyed looking at all of the details. Also love the flower photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow Jane your journal pages are gorgeous! So many beautiful details to look at and I love the textures.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just adorable... wow ... such an eyecatcher!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your dual journal page! So beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous journal page .... Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous journal page hun bless you too for playing at tcp this week hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Me again, but with a different hat on!
    I still adore your make hunnie x
    Thank you for joining us and we hope to see you next time at http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (That Craft Place Designer, proud DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable project, thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful journaling page! Love the different techniques! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, I love how your garden inspired you to create the page. It looks so fresh and Spring like. Those raindrops are amazing, the perfect addition. Thank you for joining in the challenge at Our Creative Corner. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful spring tulips.....so rainy here!! Hoping for some May blossoms soon. Lovely journal page, Jane.
    Happy mid May to you and yours.....
    Anne and family xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, such a stunning project! Love it! Such a great colour choice too! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous, thank you for entering this months challenge over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful spread. Thanks for joining us in the TIMI challenge at Craft Stamper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x