Monday 4 May 2015

Tim's tags of 2015 Jane's Journal style

It was great that Tim's number 5 tag coincided with the May bank holiday. After cutting my  lawn and tidying both my gardens I had some time to make my card version. Once again Tim has shown a more feminine side to his creating. Here is his tag.

All the details of how he made this are over on his blog here

I love using hessian as a background and have made several projects with it so I was delighted to see Tim using it on his tag. The found relative photo looked great with the hint of colour added with distress markers.

Now I am not sure Tim would ever go this far towards his feminine side but I decided to create a wedding card for my version, yes seriously! I have friends tying the knot in July and I knew they would love this type of wedding card. Instead of the numbers stencil I added red hearts with a mixture of texture paste and red Dylusions ink.
I cut the month of July out of my TH paper stack as this is the month of the wedding. I also cut out some other elements.

Rather than using found relative prints as Tim does I like to use my real relative vintage photos. Below are my Grandparents on 25 July 1928 on their wedding day. Don't you love those hats!

 I decided to add some colour to them using my squeezed lemonade distress marker
I also added some red to the flowers including my Nan's bouquet and my Granddad's button hole.
I wanted to use my very latest distress ink...fossilized amber and together with antique linen and worn lipstick I dyed some ribbon.

How cool is this colour combo.
I also coloured up some card stock to make my flower with.
 I edged the card with squeezed lemonade, note to self this is such a summery colour blend with the other inks.
I used my  tattered floral strip die as I don't have the die Tim had to cut some flowers. In the end I only used one flower but these will come in useful for other projects.
I stuck my elements down and gave everything a covering of glue.
Tim uses buttons hung on a clip on his tag, I decided to put a button in the centre of my layered flower.
It was then time to put everything together....here is my May card.

I mounted my hessian strip onto a Kraft card blank.  Here are some close ups





I would like to enter my card into the following challenges

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2015 May
Country View crafts simply scenic this is the scene at my grandparents 1928 wedding.
Simon Says Stamp work it Wednesday add something yellow
Noor!UK May flowers
Allsorts April showers bring May flowers
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Sparkles Monthly Ribbons and buttons
A Vintage Journey spring colours
The Mixed Media Challenge May Flowers
Cheery Lynn lots of layers
Stamping sensations flower power
Penny Black and More Dies and punches
Crafty ribbons anything goes with ribbon

It's been a good bank holiday weekend. Although it's raining now we have had lots of warm sunshine too and enjoyed our lunch in the garden today.

I hope you all had some time to enjoy some crafting and that the sun peeped through for you at some point. Thanks for popping by.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

27 comments:

  1. What a brilliant take on Tim's tag this month Jane and so well thought out. Loving your colour choice, the red hearts and your accent of the CL die cut strip. Hope your lucky this month and thanks for joining in the challenges at Cheery Lynn Designs and A Vintage Journey. Good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely beautiful Jane - what an inspired make - I absolutely adore this look and it is so perfect for a wedding card - gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing card, bravo! I'm glad you had a nice holiday weekend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One amazing tag and such great texture! I love the photo too. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tag! Lots of cool layering. Thank for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful tag! i love the photo, all the techniques you've used and how everything causes the eyes to linger and admire each one of the embellishments. thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely inky fun Jane, I am really liking the new direction of your crafting.

    Many thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Penny Black and More, Stamping Sensations and Allsorts challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another wonderful creation Jane, I do like the hessian! Colouring black and white images is a clever idea.
    I do love the names of the inks, how brilliant is 'worn lipstick'!!
    Glad you had a great bank holiday, the weather behaved here yesterday too and I got some garden time, pouring again this morning though and I have a stinking head cold, I NEED sunshine! Just one week though until I get some Riviera sunshine! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favourites of Tim's Tags, and of yours too, Jane! I really like the combination of elements you have used, and the romantic theme...it is charming!
    Wishing you a wonderful week...hope it is sunny!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Creating is flowing in your blood lately dear Jane!! An enchanting new tag, so romantic! And 'I do" love the hats!
    Just lovely Jane, sending you sunshine and warmth, xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Jane!
    I just love what you've created with your darling grandparents' picture!
    Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag! Love the yellow hats. Thanks so much for joining us again at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fabulous creation, love it, and the photo is perfect, thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Jane, what a gorgeous interpretation of Tim's tag! I just love the coloured texture paste design, along with the ribbon and flower, it adds a perfect splash of colour into the middle of all the neutrals! Beautiful wedding card! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous tag, love the hessian, the texture paste and the gorgeous flower

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, your Cheery Lynn Queen Anne's Lace border makes a great embellishment. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jane great tag. So many interesting details. Great layering too. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Challenge. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely stunning! Thank you for joining in over at Crafty Ribbons 😄

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, wonderful interpretation of the original!! Love your tag!! Thanks so much also for adding it to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

    Hugs Helen P (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Jane,

    So beautiful! I love the vintage meets red&orange design (oh those hats!), makes it just stunning. You just know how to create wonderful, unique pieces!

    I wish it is more beautiful at yours, rain-rain-rain here...

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautifully put together xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely tag! :Love the red hearts on the burlap. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love how you interpreted this tag. The red hearts look great on the burlap! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
    http://www.lynnkopas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, love all the details and your great photo's along the way. Thanks for joining us at Noor Design UK.
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great take on the June tag, Jane - I love the red hearts and the warm honey glow of the flowers and the hats! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oops... May tag, of course, May tag!! That's because I'm so late getting around to commenting - sorry!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x