Tuesday 13 October 2015

Tree inspiration for some autumnal journal pages

The trees at the moment are looking so beautiful.There are shades from yellow, through red, orange and golden. Until the first frosts I will be able to admire this autumnal spectacle.
I  took out my camera and captured some of my stunning local beauties.




 There are still some conker treasures up in the horse chestnut trees ready to spill down on the ground





I wanted to use the great October mood board over at Scrap across the world to re create the autumn splendour around me. I decided to make some new Art Journal pages and I used lots of the colours I can see around me at the moment. I wanted to use a photo of my granddaughter Daisy. Do you remember our conker hunt photos? ...well I used the one below, as it is one of my favourites. Even though her T shirt says smile I cannot help but smile when I look at it ;0)
I reprinted it in sepia to go with my autumnal theme and also to make the pages more "vintage"

I first stuck a few floral die cuts onto my pages to give some texture.

I chose some autumnal coloured PaperArtsy fresco paints and added them with brushes and baby wipes


 I then got out my Distress spray inks and had fun with these. Lots of drippy inky play.


I then die cut lots of leaves using lots of scraps of card.....I also added some Distress spray inks to make a water coloured base. I also added some crackle paste to some of my leaves for extra texture.
 I used my favourite Visible Image Bronte verse stamp and their winter tree.




I then put on my creative hat and put everything together.

Here are my finished pages.






I would like to enter my art journal pages into the following challenges;



Scrap across world October mood board
OCT 2015 MOOD BOARD<br>ENTRIES CLOSE SATURDAY<br> 31ST OCT 23.55 EST
I used their mood board to base my design on and used lots of elements from it. I was inspired to use the black tree with glimmering leaves and stamped my own tree.I used crackle and metallic paints on the leaves to create mine. The thankful words on the board inspired me to use my thankful words related to that special day with Daisy. The watery bubbles inspired me to use my spray inks on top of an acrylic base and create lots o droplets. The parrot inspired me to use birds on my pages. My pages each measure 8"x6"

Fashionable stamping changing seasons 1/3

A Vintage Journey art jounalling with Tim

Country View  add some texture

Papertake weekly anything goes 3/5

Frilly andFunkie autumn spendour

Little Claire's favourite stamp 2/3 The Bronte verse is my favourite script stamp

We love 2 create anything creative/mixed media

Simon says stamp Monday wonderful watercolour I used ink sprays to make my background and also die cut pieces of water coloured card stock to make my leaves.

The craft barn light for this entry I have used sunlight, both in the photo of Daisy and how I surrounded the stamped tree to give the impression of autumnal light.


Thanks for visiting me here today and I hope the trees around you are also showing off their splendid finery. Even if it is spring in your part of the world trees are so inspiring. Remember to look up when you are out, Mother Nature is changing her clothes at the moment and here we are getting ready for the upcoming winter months. Daisy and I had fun stamping and kicking through the leaves together at the weekend whilst Bear walked beside us.......precious times.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


39 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Jane! I love the background and the gorgeous autumn colours. Thanks for joining the fun at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Jane and the colours are so perfectly autumnal...(I'm thinking too that your little Daisy Jane is going to have so much fun crafting with you in the years to come! ;-) )
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jane...the colours are gorgeous, it's like a scene from Winnie the Pooh and Peter Rabbit all rolled into one...love it!
    And of course that little cutie adds to it all! :)
    Happy Tuesday my friend,
    V X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is amazingly gorgeous and so filled with atmosphere!! Beautiful autumnal colors and wonderful design, charming photo!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane!
    Gorgeous pictures and my! What a precious AJ double page!
    I love how timeless it looks and that birdie is the cherry on the cake!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning journal page Jane, and a gorgeous picture of Daisy to bring it all together. Can I ask, is there something special about the fresco paints. Do they behave differently to other paint, or could you just use acrylics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lou I have emailed you x

      Delete
    2. Thanks for trying Jane but it doesn't seem to have made it to my inbox :-/

      Delete
    3. Hi again Lou, I just checked and you have a no reply account on blogger so nothing gets to you! Oops! I have left a comment on your blog and if you need anything more just use my email in my side bar to contact me. Hope that helps xx

      Delete
  7. Wow, again another masterpiece! What a darling image of Daisy.. she's a little doll. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jane - this is absolutely gorgeous - wow - what a fabulous set of pages - with Daisy in there too - amazing texture and colour - just brilliant! Your work often blows me away - and this is some of the best I've seen - love it!!! And thanks for joining us at Countryview crafts challenges too! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popped in from the blog site and glad I did. What a fabulous creation. Full of colour and wonderful memories. Very creative and thoughtful piece of art, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply lovely Autumnal pages - the colours are wonderful, and I love the sepia photo at the heart of things. Great layers built up over the texture and such wonderful words too (not forgetting the great photos at the start of the post). Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey, and for playing along at Country View Challenges.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ANOTHER absolutely luscious autumn themed page!! I've been pouring over your techniques and drooling over your final results. I'm so happy you've shared your art with us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge. It is always a pleasure to see your creations!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful texture on the background! Love your spread! Thanks for playing along with us at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're still "roasting" like summer in So. Cal, but I can't help but imagine autumn in such a beautiful palette as you've created here, Jane. Your finished pages with little Daisy make me smile, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work, I love it !! Very nice background ! Thank you for playing at SATW :)
    Lydie Denis.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is some delicious layering going on on those pages and the leaves are fabulous. Great photography too. I enjoyed reading this post.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love texture and autumn feeling! Thanks for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful journal pages, Jane...you have captured autumn so well, and wonderful memories too.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous journal pages! Love the vibrant colors and the detail is gorgeous! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful autumnal colours on your fabulous journal spread and a lovely reminder of special moments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work Jane! Thanks for joining in with the Little Claire challenge this time!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a stunning autumnal journal spread! You've captured the colours of the season perfectly and thank you for sharing your precious photos and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp amonday Challenge Blog... :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is such an amazing spread, it really is very autumnal. I spent last Sunday walking through an arboretum, which has just the most lovely trees all in different colors and taking pictures as inspiration, yet have to do something with them, but autumn is such a fantastic time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Country View.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's really beautiful art! Great journal spread! Thanks for playing along at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG this is so beautiful!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH WOW Jane!!! LOVE how you've framed Daisy within this Autumnal journal spread and particularly love the birds sat on spade handles in the corner. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness Jane, gorgeous pages and I love the pic you've used. Daisy is adorable and you've created a really beautiful piece of artwork. Thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. fantastic journal site!!! So great color !!! Thanks for join at FSC!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two wonderful fall pages inspired by your lovely chestnut tree Jane! What a sweet photo to highlight as well!! Beautiful colors and ephemera - thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations, Jane! A beautiful journal on the autumn feel!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations on your top 3 win over at Frilly and Funkie. Your journal page is beautiful and I loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is totally amazing, Jane! I just love the background, the tissue stamping, and the sweet child! All amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow Jane, I can feel the leaves crunching beneath my feet as I look at your journal pages. This has to be my favourite pages to date you have made. Love love love and thanks for joining in the challenge at AVJ.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sooo gorgeous Jane, a beautiful piece. Daisy is a little star. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous spread! Congrats for the honours at We Love 2 Create.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x