Monday 25 June 2018

Eye contact

Good morning, unbelievably we find ourselves past the longest day and in the last week of June. Summer has finally arrived and I intend to make the most of every single second. The weather is just perfect.  I adore being able to be outside in my garden and also to be able to craft in my garden studio. From my studio I can hear the birds sings, the bees humming and Billy can sit in the shade and watch me. My summer pots are just bursting with glorious colour.

It's also time for my Monday DT make for Visible Image and I decided that I would have a play with the awesome Eye contact stencil.
plus some words from the fab Voices in your head sentiment set.

I have always loved all the Face and Eye stamps that Mark has designed and I was thrilled to see that in the new release he brought out an eye stencil too. 
I hadn't played with my Bister and Infusions for a while so I make a background first using watercolour card. I started with a little....
 and just added different colours until I was happy with my background.
I used black sparkle medium through the stencil, below is when it is wet...

 but once dry it  has an awesome sparkle below). I painted the white part of the eye in using white acrylic paint. 

I also added glossy accents to the iris (which you can see in the final photos).
I stamped 2 sentiments from the Voices in your head stamp set and then matted up my plaque.

Here are some close ups


 and one last shot


I would like to enter my plaque into the following challenges;

Crafty Catz 2/3 anything goes
Creative Artiste 3/3 anything mixed media
As you like it 1/3 favourite type of embossing and why mine is always heat embossing as it gives a brilliant resist to all my inking.
CRAFT 2/2 summer
Time out 2/3 warm
Simon says stamp Wednesday bright and cheerful
Lil patch of crafty friends 2/3 anything goes
Addicted to stamps and More 1/3 make your mark

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:



and



There are 6 new stamp sets and 8 new stencils...all totally amazing and uniquely Visible Image.

 Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. This glorious weather seems set for a while and I am just loving it. I'm getting back to my gardening and crafting in my garden studio...bliss!

Bye for now,

Jane x

17 comments:

  1. Oh I do love all that sparkle!! :)
    Happy new week my dear, enjoy the sunshine!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this Jane. The words are such fun too.
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, a fabulous background for your plaque, love the sentiments you added. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... Good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab and striking image! I love your colour choices too. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month, Jane (DT) :) x http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up here Jane....I love your card and the message is such a good one! Happy new week xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fab plaque, that background looks great. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Crafty Catz. Lilly (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your beautiful eye plaque with us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog. Hope you can join us again.
    Diane Louise (Guest DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great looking card and I love the eye. Your garden pictures turned out well and are very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful embossing. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, thank you for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The white acrylic paint really makes the eye pop.
    Thanks for making your mark at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very unique card and fabulous embossing! This eye stamp is so eye catching :) , an amazing focal point to your card. I love colors in the background too. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your begonias are gorgeous! I also like your plaque, the eye and the saying.. perfect! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful and eye catching mixed media project. Love how you created the background with all the different colors and the sentiments are very inpiring. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great background :))) Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge.
    (and I agree - Your begonias are gorgeous! :)) )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not sure if this is my second comment, my first one disappeared as I was typing...very odd....This is such a striking card and the detail in the eye image is incredible. Love the soft, warm colour combo for the background and the clean frame around it finishes it off perfectly. So glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful mixed media project. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
    Denise (Owner of LPOCF)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x