Thursday 25 May 2017

Flower power part 2

Hello I am back today with my 2nd DT inspiration post for Country View. Our current challenge is Flower Power and for my first piece I created a floral distress ink tag. If you missed that post you can see it here
Flowers are certainly in full bloom around here and we have had some welcome recent rain.


For today's creation I decided to use the same stamps as my first flower power tag but use distress oxides instead of regular distress inks. These were the colours I chose to work with.
I added some strips of book pages to my tag for some background texture and chose the above 4 oxides. I added some water to them on my craft sheet.
I first added some colour just by dipping in the inks. I then added some floral stencilling.
I added a couple of background stamps too

Onto a separate sheet I added some more inks and then some script using my old Visible Image Bronte Script stamp.
I stamped my Tim flowers and fussy cut them out.
I then put on my creative hat and this is what I came up with

and a couple of close ups


All the details for our flower power challenge are here

I would like to enter my purple distress oxide tag into the following challenges;

Crafty Calendar flowers
Double D challenge flowers galore
A Vintage Journey use a quote

I am fascinated how the 2 tags turned out so differently ..using different inks but identical flower stamps.

I have been in Southampton since Monday lunchtime and yesterday's blog post was scheduled. Today, in the aftermath of the outrageous atrocity in Manchester on Monday evening, I think the quote on my tag today is most appropriate;

Live gently upon this earth.....

Oh how I wish this could happen and such hatred could be extinguished. I am sickened to the core that anyone could do this to a fellow human being.
May all those innocent souls rest in peace 😢

More words just fail me.

Bye for now,

Jane x

13 comments:

  1. Hello my dear Jane,

    I absolutely adore your tone on tone gorgeous tags!
    You inspire me!!
    HUgs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great job! Thanks for the details, I'll have to give this a try ... they look fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Flowers Galore’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are great and I love the writings as a background. What is the difference between distress inks and Oxides?? I think they are funky, pretty and gentle looking. You are so right about Manchester and how horrible human beings can be. When things like this happen we must remember the good-flowers are always beautiful like your pictures. How so many all over the world have expressed their sympathy to the people directly affected and maybe the higher ups will learn and have stricter security

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flowers and your tag.... it's always fun to see the processes you use to get the final product! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely tag, I love these colours but both versions work equally well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Oh, I love your tags in both colors, but am especially partial to the green. Thanks for another share in our Double D challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes a very beautiful and apt sentiment!!
    Those flowers are stunning.....I love both of your tags. :)
    Wishing you a very happy weekend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous tag Jane, the doxides have worked their magic on your beautiful flower creation, love it. Have a wonderful bank holiday weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry this is a late comment Jane but I have to say that these are simply so beautiful. Just love the words on your tag and I must thank you for going through the process to make the background and the flowers. I haven't made any like that for aaaaaages. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar (Flowers) Challenge this month. Love to see your work next month as well. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tags, Jane! Wish I had seen this post before yesterday! I was crafting with a friend and had my hands on those very stamps! Beautiful garden photos, too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work with those Oxides and a very fitting quote Jane. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x