Wednesday 21 February 2018

More love in February

We are racing through February. There is so much going on at the ponds with the lovely wildlife. Just look at the love between the swans which I witnessed at dusk last week.



I am here with my 2nd project to hopefully inspire you to join our "anything but cute" February theme over at Country View. Remember that February is a short month so you only have another week to enter and possibly win the £20 crafting voucher to stock up on all the fab new products that have been arriving on the Country View craft website.
For my 2nd card I still kept to the love theme of my first card but this time made a general "love" rather than a Valentine's.
I made myself a metallic background using aluminium tape
and a knitting embossing folder. I used my heart Tim Holtz Bigz die and cut out and removed all the hearts. These will be useful for other projects.
I matted this up on black card
and dded some gilding wax

I then used another of the Tim Holtz hand stamps which I had spare from my first project. I fussy cut it out.

 I infilled a couple of the hearts with red die cuts and one with a little white heart die cut and a sentiment to finish off my card. 
We have seen some lovely anything but cute projects from the entries so far and would love to see even more. All the details for the challenge are here

I would like to join in with the following challenges;

Pixie's snippets playground #320
Crafty catz 2/3 anything goes
Creative fingers 1/3 anything goes
Get creative 1/3 anything goes/use ribbon
Creative Artiste 3/3 anything goes mixed media
Rubber dance stamps 2/3 colour board or hearts I went with the hearts theme
Crafty Calendar 1/3 2 or more layers
That's crafty 2/3 I heart you
Simon says stamp Wednesday add a die cut

Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me, I really appreciate every single one. A warm welcome too for my newest followers, it's lovely to see you on board my creative journey here. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous acrd Jane, do love metallic tape myself, it's so versatile...
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jane! What a neat idea!! I love the way your card turned out- beautiful!
    jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea and love how it turned out. The subtle purple looks great.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work and thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week dont forget we have a GDT call running for March

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card! I really like the texture you created with that folder. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month, Jane (DT) :) x http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful background and it shows your hearts of beautifully, thank you for sharing your amazing card with us at Crafty Calendar this month hope you will join us again next time, good luck.
    Hugs Babs x DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea Jane! I love the foil tape and the colour scheme, very striking and no slush in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love your swan photos. I am slightly obsessed with swans. Your card is simply magnificent, too, Who wouldn't love to receive something like that. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great result. Love that card! Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge! xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful swans!!!!
    Great card Jane, I really love the knitting embossing!
    Have a lovely weekend ahead,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card Jane - I just love the hand coming out of the heart - genius! And the embossed background is so perfect with the beautiful hearts - love it!

    Isn't it lovely how when swans are 'courting' their necks form a heart shape.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, dear Jane! The embossed foil with the cut out hearts looks charming.
    Beautiful pictures of the swans!
    Have a wonderful sunday!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! I love how your card turned out, Jane.
    Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge once again this month :)
    Hugs, Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really effective Jane with the hand coming out of the heart. I loooove Feb, hearts everywhere!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance this month.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and thanks for joining in with our hearts challenge at That's Crafty!
    Wishing you lots of luck, Fliss DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x