Monday 8 September 2014

All the pretty flowers

Today I am sharing the first of 2 Guest Designer posts for the Craft Hoarders Anonymous blog. I was invited by the owner, Gloria and today the theme for their challenge for the next 2 weeks is "All the Pretty Flowers". The Craft Hoarders challenge wants us to make a project using your existing crafting stash...and yes I have plenty ;0)

I really enjoy using flowers in my card making and I decided to have a look at some of the many old flower stamps I have in my stash. I found these oldies and went with the heart one.
I stamped it onto watercolour paper and  coloured it with Distress inks.

I then fussy cut it out. I also looked in my hoard and found some lovely roses hiding in a tin. I made these a while back so I decided to glam them up with some extra ink and glitter.


I associate hessian with my gardening memories as a child with my beloved granddad so I used a hessian sheet as my background. I inked the edge of it with Vintage Photo DI.
Then it was a case of putting my elements together as I had decided to make a birthday card for a special friend in mind. Here is it;
and here are a few close ups. It is so hard to photograph glitter, it is much more sparkly in real life.

 The sentiment is LOTV from their grunge sentiments, also glammed up with a little added glitter on the flowers
Gloria and her DT would love to see you joining in with the challenge over at theirs. All the details are here.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Frilly and funkie a summer garden
That's Crafty girl power
Crafty little fairies sparkle and bling
Vintage stamping  anything goes
ABC S for shabby chic
Crafty sentiments anything goes
Ribbon Girls add ribbon

I am busy getting ready for that special time of year for my Hb and I...yes it is time to fly off on our last "summer" holiday. I am sure that those of you who know me where know exactly where we are going but for those who don't it's currently 28o during the day with clear blue skies over there. I never get bored of visiting this gorgeous island.

We will get out of bed and have this as our view as we sip our morning tea,

We will be doing lots of reading sitting here;
and some gentle exploring.


We will be drinking lots of this;
and enjoying some delicious food

and we will sit gazing out to see the sun set at the end of the day.....just bliss.

Oh my I am so looking forward to this holiday.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

22 comments:

  1. Your creation is just lovely! Thanks for being a guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pastel color next to the burlap! So pretty! And thanks so much for including your travel photos. It is always a joy to see them! Thanks so much for being one of our wonderful guests at Craft Hoarders Anonymous this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project Jane and I'm so happy for you!
    September is the best time to go on a romantic getaway!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed a very lovely card and I can vouch for the fact that it is much more sparkly in real life! :)
    What a beautiful sunset, enjoy your well deserved holiday my dear!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening, Jane! What a pretty floral creation! It's nice to go back and revisit your old stash once in a while and it can be amazing what you find lurking in a box or tin at the back of the cupboard! I really like the hessian background - it gives such texture.

    I'm sure you'll have a wonderful holiday and I hope that you come back ready for the winter months...think of us as you sip your iced tea overlooking that beautiful jade sea! Not that I'm jealous or anything! The best I'm getting is a night in a Travelodge in Edinburgh to do a show at the end of the month! Never mind, my time will come! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous floral card, Jane! I love the effects you have created, and the sweet colours. Wishing you a wonderful and well deserved holiday, the perfect place to relax and feel refreshed.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty floral card and the burlap suits the background beautifully.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Oh, you lucky, getting to go on a romantic holiday with your beloved. I know you'll have a good time and I can't wait to see your photos when you return! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Jane, I love the hessian background and it's association for you. Have the most wonderful break, I can imagine how much you are looking forward to it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job and I love the stamping on the burlap! Thank you for joining us at ABC CHALLENGE. Good luck and I hope we see your lovely work again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh Jane, is there any room for me in your suitcase?!! That looks like heaven and I have no doubt you'll really enjoy the break away. Your card is beautiful and the hessian provides the perfect background. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane! Beautiful card and I love the burlap you used - great idea! I wish you the best ever holidays! Even I'm looking for clouds and cool weather, i do hope they don't come before you are back home! Let me know when you are back home. Hugs! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jane, Lovely card for a very lovely lady!! Bon voyage....I know where you are going. 0-:
    Hope you have a wonderful island break.

    Anne xx
    PC22

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your gorgeous flowers against the natural background x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful design and colours Jane, absolutely perfect for our theme at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges, thanks so much for joining in and sharing your lovely work with us.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Each of your cards is a work of art Jane....just beautiful!
    Hope you are having a wonderful and relaxing holiday in the sunshine x
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jane,
    What a charming card you created, and what a fun challenge to create with what's on hand in your stash!
    I'll be thinking of you enjoying your time at the sea- I will be doing the same this weekend, trying to stay cool here! Cheers! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a delight to the eyes! I love the burlap, the wonderful watercoloring, and the beautiful glittery handmade flowers. Thanks for being our guest designer at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely late-summer card, love the colours and textures you have used.

    Hope you have a lovely island getaway!

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So fun!!! Great way to end the summer!

    Jane T

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous design and the stamped image and flowers looks so pretty against the hessian :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Little Fairies!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello dear Jane,

    What a lovely card - and may I guess who it was made to :) I think it made one flower-lover very happy indeed!

    You are back from your holidays already, and I am happy to hear you had such a lovely time. I cannot wait to see the pictures!

    Happy last days of September!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x