Tuesday 21 February 2017

Using your scraps to save time

Hello again it's time for my 2nd piece for Country View Challenges where our theme is a time challenge of 30 minutes or less. You can share any handmade craft, it doesn't have to be cards or tags it could even be a knitted item.  There are no limitations to the number of other challenges or the number times you can enter. You can win a £20 voucher too so it's win win in my books! All the details can be seen here. 

My first piece was a shabby chic card which can be seen here where I used lots of "left overs" as my cheats for saving time.

My second piece is another card which again uses a few left over die cuts but this time I have made use of some printed design paper. For speed  I have again used a digi image, which always saves time, as there is no colouring or stamping involved. This lovely image is a Nicecrane  image (whom I was a permanent guest designer for) . Sadly Ignacio is no longer trading.


To save matting the image I just die cut it with my floral frame.
Time taken; 4 minutes.

I matched a sheet of printed design paper and some orange card for matting and cut them to size.
Time taken; 4 minutes



I dug out my stash of "left over" die cuts and dug out some suitable greenery and flowers and an old mdf flower which I had previously painted and added a gold edge to.   This came from a project I made some years ago which I never really liked..so I took it to pieces and saved the elements. 
I also have a pot of left over die cut sentiments 

and I chose this one to link in with the gold edged wooden flower
Time taken; 2 minutes


I wanted a pop of orange  to bring everything together so I just die cut a couple of Cheery Lynn flowers using a scap of card left over from matting.
Time taken; 4 minutes
It was then a case of putting my card together. 
Time taken; 10 minutes.
Here is my finished card;

Below is a close up of the floral spray and my recycled wooden flower. I also added a couple of sequins.

Total time = 22 minutes.

I really hope you can join in with the fun, it just shows how much time you can save by using your scraps. This gives you total justification for never throwing anything away too!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Dies R us think spring
Frilly and Funkie 2/3 out of the cold 
Allsorts 2/3 anything goes
Ribbon Girl 1/3 Feb any image

You still have 1 week to enter our challenge, so get your skates on and whip something up in 30 minutes or under.
Meanwhile I am still loving my daffs on my window sill......ahhhhh


Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


17 comments:

  1. Love your pretty Spring card with those beautiful flowers and pretty image. Ken bought me some daffodils last week and I love their splash of yellow on the windowsill, to me they are synonymous with lighter days and some warmer sun beginning to peek through. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation and great colour combo. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts 'ANYTHING GOES' challenge, good luck in the draw. ♥
    [aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]


    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Jane, so well co-ordinated. however it had to make me smile as you were so quick making it, and it would have taken me the 22 ins to decide what papers and bits to put wit the image....as you guess i am not a quick crafter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that was quick......and very lovely too!!
    The moral of the story is never throw anything away!! :)
    Happy Tuesday my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful creation Jane! (love your daffodil too!) Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Think Spring’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vintage image on this.. so like children enjoying the spring. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you have used that vintage image dear Jane!
    It's lovely!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mush mash of elements Jane. Love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely creation, great background and dies.
    Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! It reminds me of a beautiful nursery rhyme and it shows how you keep your stash and just find things to put them all together to make one beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  11. So with the eight minutes left I hope you put your feet up and have a nice cup of tea. Love your card with the pretty old fashioned image. Was sorry to hear that Nicecrane are no longer trading. I have a few downloads from them. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely image, perfectly Vintage too (my favourite!). The card is beautiful and you did well managing to create it under 30mns!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jane, I'm just amazed at what you were able to whip up in 22 minutes! I think it would take me more than just a few minutes to choose from my stash! that image is sweet and you've framed it beautifully with the gorgeous leftover bits and papers! It all works so well together! I never throw anything out, either! Love your single daffodil-ahhh, spring! Our daffodils blooming in the yard have never looked more beautiful, nor lasted so long! They have been blooming for over a month now; we have many varieties so they bloom in succession. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, always keep hold of those scraps, however small.....then you can make then into lovely cards like this!! (And how speedy too!)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty vintage card! I love that image. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is fabulour, dear Jane! The image is so lovely and you put everything wonderful together.
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful vintage card made in double quick time Jane! Love the floral border. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x