Tuesday 16 May 2017

Thank yous

I really love our blogging community, everyone is kind and thoughtful. I have had so many messages, emails and cards to congratulate me and my family on the birth of our darling grandson Jack, who was born on 21st April. He is now 3 weeks old and although still so tiny (he was only 5lb 13oz at birth) he is putting on weight. When weighed a week ago he was 6lb 1oz so Mummy is doing really well with her feeding.

I know everyone has been asking how he is so here are a couple of photos from last Thursday and Friday when I went down to stay.


 Our darling Daisy is so grown up and is the most loving and caring big sister
 to her sweet little baby bro


We have a great friend who has lived in our road for over 30 years. She came to the rescue to look after our cat Billy at very short notice when we were going up and down to Southampton just before and after Jack was born. As a thank you I bought her a bottle of wine. I thought the baby feet logo was most appropriate and the wine is a gold medal winner.

As you can imagine time was pretty short at that time to make a thank you card so I made her a thank you gift tag instead.

It went down very well 😋
I have a full step by step of how I created this over on the Country View shop blog today if you would like to see. Here is the link . I used the wonderful distress oxides and some stencilling and added a stamped thank you.

I would like to enter my gift tag into the following challenges;

Dies R us 1/3 shaped cards/projects
A bit more time to craft 1/3 anything goes
Artistic Inspirations 1/3 anything goes
Crafting from the heart 1/3 anything goes

Thank you everyone for your blogging friendship, I appreciate your good wishes very much indeed.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



15 comments:

  1. Jack is adorable in that first photo..just how he's looking....fun! Congratulations again and happy all is well. It's so nice to see older sis loving her little brother and will do so in the years to come. Our two oldest grandchildren really enjoy their sister who turned one earlier this month. Can't wait to see them at the end of the week! Going to celebrate two birthdays! Both girls have May birthdays. 8 years difference in their ages with brother in between. Nice to have you gift your neighbor with wind for caring for you cat whilst you were away! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos Jane...Jack is a little cutie, and how clever of you to find that bottle of wine...and time to make a tag too..which by the way is lovely.grandchildren steal the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous gift idea ... I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated! Your little ones are just precious! Congrats again on little Jack's birth! So much fun coming your way!
    Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Shaped card/project’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute. Clever idea. Thanks for submitting with Artistic Inspirations. Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh isn't he cute! And still tiny as well. You must be so thrilled to have both Jack and Daisy to spoil now. Lovely photos Jane :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe Jack is adorable and so very like his sister, I think! Goodness its funny how a new baby makes their older sibling look so big!!
    I love your tag today, such a clever idea, it makes an already lovely bottle of wine look very special indeed. :)
    Enjoy your week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on your adorable little Jack! I'm so glad he's gaining weight well and healthy.. it's always such a relief! I knew Daisy would be a good big sister. Enjoy those darlings. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos of Jack and Daisy, they are both so adorable and love your wine bottle tag too. See you tomorrow, looking forward to your visit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This young grandson of yours has a great look , a wise smile who could be saying, " I know all about the theory of relativity but right now, I need to be hugged". He has a wise soul and so happy he is gaining weight no looking healthy. Love the tag which is perfect with the little hearts and love the wine bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your photos thanks for sharing with us all. Fab way to give a wine gift.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable pictures Jane!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning tag and beautiful pictures! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, isn't he just a little piece of heaven in a blankie!! Daisy will be an amazing big sister I bet! That was very nice of your friend to look after Billy for you and your bottle of wine with the beautiful homemade tag is such a wonderful way to say thank you!! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Wow! I was about to catch up on all my missed blog reading (I seem to sit down every 2 months and have a mass read, these days!) and this post title immediately jumped out at me. Huge congratulations to you and all your family. Jack is adorable and I cannot believe how quickly Daisy has grown! It seems only yesterday when you were showing us baby photos of her. How time flies. I hope it's all going well, you must be so thrilled. Bethxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x