Monday 12 June 2017

I've got my eye on you

Good morning, another Monday and my weekly dose of Visible Image DT inspiration.   Did you see Visible Image on Create and Craft TV on Friday? If not you have missed a treat but you can watch on catch up via this link for the 11am show. The 4pm one is here. The set looked awesome and Mark and Pauline were so relaxed with their brilliant demos. I am so proud to be a part of this amazing team and I loved seeing all my samples on TV..it is such a fun feeling

I  smiled to see my camera card on TV, which I shared last Monday. The vintage photo of my brother and I as kids is such fun...my Dad took it in 1963...I bet he never realised at the time that one day he would see it on the TV! If you missed that post and my card you can see it here

If you have already watched you will have seen that my eye card opened the 11am show. I chuckled when the  presenter held it up to her face. It is such an amazing stamp, so realistic.
 Today I am going to share details of how I made it. First I stamped and embossed all 3 stamps from the "Go where your dreams take you" set. I then made a cloudy sky using a die cut cloud and distress inks
I covered the eye with masking fluid and added a sun ray using archival ink through my stencil.
I added some star stencilling and also stamped the stars from the Believe in Unicorns set.
I added some green glitter pen and glossy accents to the eye and some Frantage to the card. Below is the wet eye...with glossy accents applied. It's fun watching it dry....from cloudy to clear...
 Once the eye was dry I then had my finished card....
Here it is...
I have my eye on you.........😉
and a couple of close ups. It's really hard to seen the sparkle in the eye from my photo, but if you watch the TV shows on catch up you will see it very clearly.


and here it is once more in its entirety.

This really is the most amazing stamp set. If I had to choose a Top 3 Visible Image stamp set, this would be it. I have owned my eye since it was first released many moons ago and use it so often.
If you would like buy directly from the Visible Image website just follow this link.
All the links to Visible Image are below;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chose winner each month win a £25 coupon to spend on the website. Our 2nd themed challenge, "dimension", is  also up and running until 28 June. There is another £40 voucher up for grabs for the winner of this. 

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!



And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps can be purchased. 

I would like to enter my eye card into the following challenges;

 Stamping sensations 3/3 favourite stamp I think the eye is my all time favourite stamp ever!
Penny Black and More 1/3 anything goes
WOW embossing powder Summer
Stamps and stencils 1/3 words with meaning
We love to create 1/2 #12
Happy Little Stampers Mixed media  1/3 June, use some glitter I think you can see the glitter in my eye..if not just click on the link to the 11am TV show above!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for the very kind comments that you take the time to leave. Thanks also for all the lovely message sent to me after seeing the Create and Craft show too. I would also like to warmly welcome my newest followers. Thanks for joining me on my creative journey and I hope that you find something here at Jane's Journal to inspire you.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

15 comments:

  1. No I didn't Jane, really miffed about that, the sky box has a problem and having to wait ten days for an engineer - they are busy !!

    A lovely creation and one of my favourite stencils and VI sentiment, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You create such beautiful visions !! And oooh must have been thrilling to see your card on TV
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on having your card on TV Jane! So exciting. Your new design is great. Have a happy new week!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your designs of stamps and stencils together are amazing and this is no exception, I adore the composition and finished effects, you definitely rock these stamps. Nine days to go xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a brilliant job with the layering of stamps and stencils! Love this! PS I missed your photos! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant dramatic work with those fabulous stamps!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, I love that eye image and your stencilling

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a beautiful card, love the combination of stamps and stencilling - really stunning! Thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love 2 Create
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layers and the stamp is lovely. Thank you for joining in the challenge on the We Love to Create blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, great stamping and inking.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing layers of stamping & stenciling! Such a beautiful palette and cool images. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous work Jane - its a brilliant piece. Wonderful stamping and stencilling. thanks for joining us at Stamps and stencils - apologies for commenting so late! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous card and such striking colours...and I love that you've used frantage..a favourite must have of mine! Great sentiment too! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x