Thursday 1 August 2019

Hot August moments

|Good morning. August has bounced in and I am here with some new inspiration for our brand new challenge over at Country View.
July turned out beautifully so let's hope the sunshine continues for August.
 My summer hanging baskets have been loving it.
For this month the theme is "Texture". As August should be a hot sunny month and one when for lots of families it will be summer holiday time, for my first make I decided to make a card using the Visible Image Mindful Moments stamp set
I used texture paste through a fab Visible Image stencil.  I love using stencils to add texture and I love the depth of those made Visible Image, they work really well with pastes. Susan has a great selection of m VI stencils for sale on the web site here. The particular stencil I used for this card is called count me in. I used a couple of book pages underneath
 and when dry I added various colours of Infusions and lots of water to move everything around.
I added alcohol inks to acetate, stamped the yoga lady and the 2 sizes of lotus flowers from the set, and cut them out. I heat embossed them to give another layer of texture.

I used Glossy Accents to stick her in place.
  I also stamped one of the sentiments onto card and cut it out, adding texture by distressing the edges with ink and my scissors.
 Here is my finished card



and one last shot
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Shopping our stash 1/3 Base it on a book mine literally has a base of A tale of two cities!
Through the craft room door 1/2 anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday bright and cheerful
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes

I hope I might have inspired you to take up our texture challenge for August and join us.
You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing is absolutely FREE! All the details for the August challenge can be found here.

I will be back with some more "texture" inspiration  for CVC on 21st August.

I have a crafting buddy staying with me at the moment, aka my 5 year old granddaughter Daisy and we are loving our time together in my garden studio.


14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Jane, the alcohol inks look amazing! Have a fun week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, the colours and image are gorgeous and I love the background you've created!
    Thanks for bookin' it with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Jane - lots of amazing texture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!!
    The weather here was amazing today, maybe even our hottest yet this summer, tomorrow looks good too!!
    Enjoy your Daisy time !! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your marvellous vibrant colours, Jane!!! The background and the acetate cutouts with the alcohol inks are awesome too!!! Have a nice weekend!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is really amazing! To use the acetate for stamping adds so much depth when the background shines through, love this! And of course the vibrant colors are gorgeous!
    Your garden is a real eyecandy <3
    Have a wonderful weekend ahead!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant make Jane - love the blast of colour - this is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card! Happy anniversary. I love that card too. You were both adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jane, my your flowers are doing well and are so pretty and bright. Love your card, too.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely colourful project ! love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This definitely puts me in my happy place, Jane! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  12. The coloour and texture of the stencil over the book page is so beautiful Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards, Alex aka PinkCraftyMama
    TTCRD DT
    PinkCraftyMama.com {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow I love the whole project but especially the acetate embellishments wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glorious flowers from your garden and those vivid colours travelled right on to your project. Wonderful background texture, and the acetate meditator gives a magical effect.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x