Monday 11 December 2017

A Disneyland Paris Moment

Good morning, it's time for my weekly dose of inspiration for Visible Image and for today and next week's posts I am sharing 2 Moments I made for Jane's Journal using their awesome stamps. They are Moments of our recent wonderful holiday in Disneyland Paris.
Such sweet memories of 5 days with our own Princess who loved the castle so much!



We were so lucky with the weather, despite being mid November we had a couple of days with bright blue skies and sunshine and at one point we were able to take our coats off. 
I knew which of my photos I wanted to remember those days by and chose the one 1 took of the castle when were were sitting on the train which runs round the park. We took this the first afternoon we arrived. We had our cases taken to the hotel so we just walked straight into the magic of Disney.
This was taken just before dusk when the moon had risen in the sky. The sky gave off a pink tinge and there was a gorgeous golden glow in the air. It really felt magical.
I wanted to try to include all these memories in my Moment. So this is what I got up to.

To create the sky I first white embossed the moon and clouds from the Believe in Unicorns set 

 I gold embossed the cogs from the Somewhere in time set around the edges of my page.

. I then carefully and slowly built up the colours for the background using blues with a little pink distress ink. I wanted to try to mimic the sky that evening. 

at the bottom of my page I added some golden hues.

 The trees were bare and we could here a bird singing as we sat at the station in Fantasy land so I used my Tim Holtz die to cut a bird and branches to capture that memory.

 I gave them lots of texture and colour with DecoArt texture sand and acryllic paints. 

The pathway was made using the geometric maze stencil and gold embossing paste.

I used the sentiment from where dreams take you, it was perfect for my Moment.

 I also stamped stars from the rock out set to the backing card for my photo.


It was then time to put my Moment together...
Here are some close ups.
and one final shot.

It really was such a magical time, made even more special by sharing it with our 4 year old granddaughter. I hope that one day when Daisy looks through Jane's Journal she too will be able to remember that special time. Next Monday I will share the Cinderella Moment I made, again brought to life by the versatile Visible Image stamps.

I would like to enter my Moment into the following challenges;

Creative Artiste 2/3 anything goes mixed media

Simon says stamp Monday icy inspiration

Pixie's snippets playground wk 311/12

Craft Stamper Take it make it December anything goes

Emerald Creek Dares anything goes

Noor UK anything goes

Happy little stampers 1/3 anything goes with dies

We love to create 1/3  anything mixed media #3



All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:




Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x






15 comments:

  1. Beautiful moment Jane....your got the colours spot on and I love that gold maze, brilliant.
    The castle is amazing....I can see how a little princess would fall in love with it! :)
    Happy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful moment to treasure Jane......your page is lovely and daisy is so lucky to have such a creative grandma so she will look back on these moments one day with great love and pride and say...'I was there' Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A magical page, Jane, capturing the magic of Disney. I love all the detail, just beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the Disney Paris images and also the card is gorgeous.. I have a love of the gold embossed images. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You captured the sky perfectly! This is. Great card with the image of Disney surrounded by your creativity...great work done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely perfect Jane - so much of what you and little Daisy saw is encapsulated here, and most of all the lasting memories of a magical trip. Love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those Disneyland photos blow me away, what an amazing place to visit!! What a gorgeous page to remember your Paris visit. Love the gears and sky background, and your lovely tree branch with the bird. What a great flow from image to paper, fantastic design! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful project
    thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous page. A fabulous combination of stamps, stencil and colours to create a precious memory.
    Thank you for joining in with our December challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Merry Christmas and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Cinderella Moment! Thank you so much for spreading your magic over at Emerald Creek Dares!
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing card! I love it! Thank you for taking part in Noor Design U.K. December Challenge! Elena DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely details and great memories stored for years to come.
    Thank you for playing along with our Craft Stamper challenge; Hopefully I'll see you with us again in January!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWsers, yet another fabulous project and again, just perfect for our challenge over at Love 2 Create challenge. Many thanks for joining in with us & hope to see you again. Lou (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous layout!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x