Thursday 7 June 2018

Father's day card ideas

Hello it's time today for my 2nd inspiration project for Country View Challenges where our theme for June is "The written word"..add any form of text to your make.  As always you can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with any other challenges. Your make can be anything creative! You may even be the lucky random winner of the £20 CVC voucher.

All the details can be found here

 Father's day here in the UK falls this year on Sunday 17th June and I have already made some designs and taken them down to Dotty's Teahouse where my cards are sold. However I had not yet made one for my own dear Dad so I have used this for my post today.
I have made my Dad lots of different Father's day cards over the years...here is one from a couple of years back where I used  a photo of me as a child and made a mixed media background.
I wanted to use a different vintage photo for this year's card so I dug out my pack of Tim Holz Paper Dolls which Susan sells here at Country View crafts I also used the brilliant Visible Image Father definition stamp ***Remember that P+P is FREE in the UK for any order from Country View Crafts.***
I chose this fun boy paper doll and stamped my definition onto thick cream card.
I added some bister to a piece of watercolour paper and also stamped a couple of background stamps from my Visible Image stash.
 I stamped elemental in black ink
and then added the ink splats in sepia archival. 
I distressed the edges of the sentiment and added some of the small ink splats from the set.
Then it was time to put my card design together.

The Paper Doll looks so funny holding up my sentiment, I'm sure this will make my Dad smile. I added a few previously altered cogs from my stash to finish off my card.

I would like to enter my paper doll card into the following challenges;

Paper artsy paper dolls
Craft stamper take it make it 2/3 anything goes
Stamping sensations 1/3 anything goes
Crafty catz 2/3 anything goes

Thanks for stopping by and it would be lovely to see you entering our "written word" challenge over at Country View. I hope I might have given you a little inspiration today.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Two lovely cards Jane and both absolutely perfect for Farther's Day. I love the colour combination on your second one and I really like the layout too. Great stamped background, sentiment and image. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jane, everything just goes so well together. Have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fantastique, Jane!!! I love the background and the text is awesome!!! Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo on that card design, Jane.. it's a winner! Your Father will be very pleased that his wonderful daughter made this for him. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe.....your dad is going to love it Jane!!
    Have a lovely evening my dear!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi your card is stunning I love it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge Blog for challenge 418 the theme is Anything Goes with the optional theme of Black and White and the sponsor is Crafty Sentiments Designs. Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Jane. Perfect choice. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. The perfect balance between, Vintage and masculine, a lovely father's day card. I haven't made any Father's day cards this year and must get in gear forthwith!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I looove how you have made the background Jane. A really beautiful card!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful work :) xoxo
    thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper's TIMI Challenge
    Preeti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous masculine card, Jane! Love your background and the little stamped splatters at the quote.
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x