Friday 29 June 2018

Phew what a scorcher

I always have to smile at the headlines of the tabloid newspapers when we get a period of hot sunny weather. In the 1970s "phew what a scorcher" was a real favourite. 
Well the forecasters got it right and we have had a week, and more to come, of gorgeous hot sunny weather.
There is nothing quite like an azure blue sky with not a cloud to be seen is there?


I spotted that the ducklings are growing quickly down at the ponds.


 When I was walking down to Dotty's I was stopped in my tracks as I saw that one of the fields had been painted up ready for a school sports day


I was reminded standing there that when I was at school we all took part in races on Sport's Day and found out that you could win or lose...and no one died! These days it's all about team work to ensure that no one loses but I think in the real world we should be teaching our children that both winning and losing is what happens in real life. The younger we realise that the better, in my books. Yes teamwork is important but I think it is sad that we seem to think we are protecting children in some way by not allowing winning and losing in some form.
I was a sprinter at school and standing on the line took me back to those sunny school sports days at primary school. Fond memories...on your marks, get set........GO!

My card today was inspired by all this gorgeous sunshine and heat. I used some hot distress colours to make a CAS card for Dotty's using one of the fab new Visible Image quotes. 
I couldn't agree more with these words, good friends are priceless aren't they.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Time out 3/3 warm
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Lil patch of crafty friends 3/3 anything goes
Creative moments 1/3 anything goes
Addicted to CAS 1/2 girl power
Cute card Thursday 1/3 CAS

This heatwave is set to see out the end of June and into July...for once we are enjoying a flaming June here in the UK. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos as always, Jane. What a lovely change to have a long spell of warm and sunny weather here in the U.K. I quite agree with you about teaching children that they can win or lose sometimes, a good lesson to learn. I love your card, a beautiful design and a great sentiment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Jane...how I wish I could wander by those ponds with you...looks idyllic! I like your card, what a wonderful sentiment..it says it all! I also agree about losing and winning. If you never fail in life you can never experience success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the blue skies and green trees out of the train windows have been keeping me sane on my commute lately... it's just beautiful. Thanks for sharing all those lovely photos, and what a wonderful card. The fiery inky effects are so cool - really great CAS work. So sorry I've been missing so much... I really hope to do some proper catching up soon.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jane, I love your inky background and that is the sweetest of sentiments! Enjoy your heatwave!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you Jane, all this namby pamby, everyones a winner is a nonsense.......I was rubbish at sports!! :)
    Great sentiment on your little card today!!
    And the weather.....wow!! We're heading south for a few days so hoping its going to stay with us but by all accounts it is!
    Happy weekend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you're enjoying your summer days. I am too, here is Oregon. I believe we have similar climates, you and I. Love the card and also your photos on the walk to Dotty's to deliver your card stock. Have a nice weekend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome card!! I think this CAS card is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen you've posted this card on social media, I'm sure I liked it! I think it is so beautiful, the colours you have used and the sentiment. Lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and that's a great sentiment. I'm getting scorched too, and they say it's going to keep scorching me through the upcoming week, but I appreciate blue skies too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty, artsy CAS card! Love the sentiment you used, very beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, Jane. The sentiment is awesome and your background is gorgeous. Those colors!! Definitely remind me of a hot, summer day. I have to say, I couldn’t agree with you more about the winning and losing. We have 2 10 year old boys that play football and I think we only won 2 games last season, but as disappointed as they were (and my hubby who coaches them) I thought it was a very valuable lesson. Life does go on and you can still love your sport, win or lose!! I don’t know how we got away from that concept... we’re not doing them any favors by trying to shelter them from what’s going to happen to them in the real world. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I agree with you 100%. I sure wish more people saw it that way... Hey, thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to see another card from you in the Gallery! Fantastic CAS design and totally agree with the sentiment. Love the font for the sentiment too. I was a sprinter at school too and was even the fastest girl in the school when I was 11yrs old. I agree about the winning and losing, they need to get used to it when they are young, none of this silly there are no winners, everyone gets a certificate nonsense. I have two kids and even though its hard to see their disappointment in a loss, it will get them ready for when they are older. So glad you came back again to play with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOve your CAS style card, great sentiment too. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
    Denise (Owner of LPOCF)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous sentiment, Jane, and I love how you accented it with an artsy smattering of color and sequins. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally agree with your sentiment and I love the background you created for it. So glad you shared this wonderful card with us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  16. interesting cas card, wonderful, thanks for enjoy us at creative moments, hugs, patty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x