Friday 22 February 2019

Watch the birdie

A couple of weeks ago I met my darling daughter and Jack at Birdworld for our catch up. We really love this spot in Surrey, it is perfect for children. Out of season it is also incredible quiet, we almost had the place to ourselves. There are birds of all shapes and sizes and I thought I would share a few photos today of our fun day out.
Jack was fascinated by the pelicans.


You can buy pots of meal worms to feed them which he really loved doing. 

There is also a sweet petting farm at Birdworld where Jack saw sheep

the cute resident reindeer

and lots of chickens.
We had such a lovely day together.
My card today just had to feature a sweet creature and is a very spring themed new baby card which goes down for sale at Dotty's Tea House today.
The image is a favourite of mine, a sweet Penny Black hedgehog.
I coloured it with Promarkers and highlighted with pencils. The paper is First Edition (I think) and the dies are a mix of Memory Box, Cheery Lynn and The Works.

I would like to enter it into the following challenges;

I love Promarkers 1/3 anything goes
Passion for Promarkers 1/3 colour it
Crafty sentiments 2/3 spring is springing
A gem of a challenge 1/3 anything goes
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper challenge February
Everybody art 1/3 animals

Thanks for stopping by and for your very kind and supportive comments you take the time to leave me. Enjoy this gorgeous weather, let's hope it lasts for the weekend as we will be celebrating my baby boy's 30th birthday on Sunday! Have a great weekend.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous day out with Jack, he looks intently at things around him. I’m looking forward to when we can do the same with Lincoln. Love your sweet card, it is delightful. Are you coming down to Make It today or tomorrow? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't the pelicans great!! And just look at Jack, he's getting so big!
    Just love your pretty little card today Jane. :)
    Wishing M a very happy 30th birthday, enjoy the celebrations,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Jane. That looks like a wonderful day out, i don't think it's too far from us,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet looking card with lovely colours and spring feeling to it. Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly wonderful photographs. Your image today is just darling and I love how you have coloured it in and what a pretty layout too. Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love photographs!
    Your card is just delightful. That image is simply gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers this week.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your son! Love seeing Jack enjoy the amazing birds. I've never seen a white pelican, only brown ones. Adorable card, Jane!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Warhol card! The fun you had in making it really comes through. I'm happy for you that you get to have such fun times with the kids. The beaks on those birds! They must be peaceful animals to let them so close to the children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Jane, I love the sweet hedge image and your colours and design are fab.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PFP 😁

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x