Sunday 16 October 2016

Jane's Journal's card version of Tim's tags 2016, October

There are just 3 more tags left for this year in Tim's great 2016 "mixed up" challenge. This month again he used products which I don't own so again I really went off on my own jolly but used all his techniques. Here is Tim's tag.

I am still building up my stock to sell at Dotty's Teahouse this Christmas so again I have made a Jane's Journal Christmas card version of Tim's tag.

I used his rustic lantern die and added aluminium strip to make it look metallic.  I added my own "nuts" and "bolts"  too using some cake decorating tools and punches as embossing tools.

 I added black acrylic paint, which I removed most of, to give a rusted effect. I left out the centre of the lamp as I wanted more of the background to show through. I added vellum for a misty vintage feel. 

My collage background was made with snippets of Christmas paper. Everything was stuck down with and coated with Distress crazing medium.


Here is my background.



I don't own any distress crayons so I gave some depth to my background using black oil pastel which I smudged with my fingers.

It was then time to put my card together and this is what I came up with.
I added  some Cheery Lynn and MB die cuts. My sentiment is by Tim Holtz.

I added some DecoArt snow and Glamour Dust to give a snowy effect.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2016 October
Pixie's Snippets playground #251 I used lots snippets of paper for my collaged background, it's a great way for using them up. I also used snippets of card for my sentiment and die cuts and a snippet of leather for my bow ;0)
Noor UK CAS or fully loaded Mine is of course fully loaded ;0)
Card Mania  1/3 let it shine
Christmas card challenges #45 anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday explore the world my inspiration is from the North pole...the snow is deep and this little lamp would help with finding your way in an unknown land....


Thanks so much for visiting me here today and for the sweet comments you  take the time to leave. I really appreciate your blogging friendship and kindness.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

24 comments:

  1. lovely...you really do make these challenges your own Jane !! I love how you made your nuts and bolts.
    Enjoy your evening and have a great new week,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super work Jane - fabulous idea! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at Christmas Card Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a coincidence Jane...I was also going to make a Christmas project with the lantern die!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lantern looks perfect, great card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - very vintage. LOVE IT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a stunning tag, I love it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a stunner! I love the metal look and the collage of Christmas as the background

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. First off, I didn't even know that Tim had a lantern tag, that is a must have. and second, can I say wow again? you did a lot of work on this tag and everything came together so well. I really like how you pieced the background papers together, I thought it was just that way until you showed those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very wintry festive card, Jane. And I too like to see how you interpret these challenges in your own imaginative way! Wishing you a happy new week...and keep cosy!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the lamp and how you covered it with foil. Great effect! Thank you for joining us at SSS Monday Challenge. Hugs, Macarena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jane, totally stunning and an amazing tag! Love this!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful Jane, I really like the look of the TH crazing medium xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A super vintage feel to this card Jane and I'm loving all the snow.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW amazing!!! I love all the glitter too!! Thanks so much for joining us at Noor! Design UK's challenge "CAS or Fussy and Fancy". Hope to see you join again! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love what you have created there my Friend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jane! Just stopped in to say thank you for the warm welcome back comment. I hope you had a wonderful month! What a fabulous version of Tim's tag! I love lanterns for a holiday piece and the Christmas theme works so well for these techniques! It's great to be back, see you again soon. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Jane this is beautiful. What fantastic work. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fantastic!! Love the vintage feel of it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenge this week and good luck!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very festive and lovely vintage project!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Card mania challenge!
    Dess ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Idea!! Thank you for playing along with Card Mania!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow what a gorgeous creation, Jane! Love how you made the lantern <3. Thank you for joining us at Noor! Design UK challenge and wish you luck for winning the prize. We hope to see you again joining us next round starting tomorrow.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful....I love the lantern and how you made it vintage.
    Thanx for joining us at Noor Design UK.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x