Saturday 27 May 2017

Welcome rain

We have been threatened with a hose pipe ban in the South of England this summer unless we have some more rain. We had the driest April for many years and until last week no real rain fall. However there were a few days last week when we finally had some rain for my parched garden and I really want to share these photos today.

I love the smell in the garden at this time of the year after it has been raining, that gorgeous earthy, green smell...it's as though the ground is alive and breathing. I took these photos
My foxgloves lapped up the rain and are racing away, Old Choc, my Christmas tree was pretty happy too...
I have pink and white foxglove blooms this year, they all self seed and every year I have different shades.  I also spotted a visitor below
Well hello Mr Bumble
How pretty the rain looked on my shrubs


So I was inspired to finally ink up my Lavinia Green Man stamp which I bought at Ally Pally in April and decided to create an enchanted garden scene.
I made an inky background with distress inks. I added some honeycomb stencilling, as inspired by Mr. Bumble.
So I would like you to meet my first Green Man card...

It's a fab stamp and I added lots of his leaves in different shades and types of ink. I also added a border of Lavinia leaves and flowers and gave him a few white pen highlights.

I have put him up for sale in my Etsy shop here

I would like to enter him into the following challenges;

A bit more time to craft 3/3 anything goes
Artistic Inspirations 3/3 anything goes
Creative Inspirations 2/3 anything goes
Fashionable Stamping 3/3 let's go wild
Emerald Creek Dares 2/3 dream a little dream
Crafty Cardmakers 1/3 floral profusion
Fussy and fancy 1/3 flowers

We have enjoyed steaming hot weather this week and yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far. The temperature topped 28c and more sunshine is promised this weekend here in the South, although Monday looks as though we may get some rain. Perfect for my garden, if not for a bank holiday.

Enjoy your weekends and your gardens if you have them. They are such enchanting places at this time of the year and who know, you might even stumble across the Green Man 😉

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Bye for now,

Jane x


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful foxgloves...and you are right we need a nice lot of rain now to give the flowers a good drink! I love your Green Man card...lots of interesting texture and effects. Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Jane.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your green man, and your photos are beautiful. Foxglove is one of my favorites, but remember they're poisonous when the little ones are over. I think I got all your rain this year. I'm glad to finally get a sunny day. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your green man Jane he's brilliant.....green men are fascinating, I remember seeing them in Roslyn Chapel near Edinburgh.
    We had some rain tonight although today certainly wasn't as wet as forecast, you foxgloves are beautiful, I would love some white ones.
    Have a good Sunday,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours in your garden are glorious Jane, the mix of heat and rain has certainly brought the plants and grass to life. Hope you're fuchsias are doing ok too. Your card is fantastic, the radiating leaves around the face has merged green man into his environment perfectly. Enjoy the rest of the long weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore your green man card Jane, it's mystical and magical and beautifully made. Great photos.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics. I have a nerdy fact for you. That smell you get after the rain is called petricor(excuse spelling). Now if I want to sound well informed I could say it was mentioned one morning on BBC NEWS. But, I actually heard about it in an episode of Dr Who, hence the 'nerdy' xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower pictures are gorgeous and one can really tell how much you love your garden space.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fabulous design Jane and I love how you've continued with the colours throughout, it's a terrific card with some great stamping. Thank you for sharing it with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creation.Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Jane and your pictures are so beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful garden and a wonderful project, thank you for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x