Wednesday 28 June 2017

Photos from Portugal

Hello, I am back after a wonderful week's holiday in Portugal.
We stayed in a beautiful hotel in Cascais, a sweet seaside resort. This was our view from our balcony as the sun set at night.

The main town square was about a 10 minute walk from our hotel.



It is still a working fishing port and we saw the men working on their nets every day

Part of the ancient city wall is still visible too.

The old and the new also intermix via the Marina built in 2002
The local railway provided a scenic route around the coast to Lisbon, an amazing city. I have lots of lovely photos which I will share between my DT posts over the coming weeks.

My card today has a very sunny theme..and very appropriately features ice cream, which of course we had to sample whilst away 😎
This is a sizzix stamp and die set I bought last year. I triple embossed the ice lollies with red embossing powder. I used kraft card and a piece of patterned paper under the ribbon.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges.

Shopping our stash 1/3 lazy summer days
Wow embossing powder summer
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper challenge June
Addicted to stamps and More 1/3 Holiday
Simon says stamp Wednesday 1/5 Anything goes
Creative Inspirations 1/3 dots or stripes

Thanks so much for stopping by, the weather has turned so wet that it is hard to remember that just 48 hours ago we were in temperatures in the 30s! Let's hope summer returns very soon.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous Jane! We only recently discovered Portugal and were enchanted. We found the people there to be really lovely as well. Your resort looks just like our sort of place. Licking those ice creams here :) Great make!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never visited Portugal, but what a really gorgeous place, and your photos are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful place you found to visit! Lucky you that it's close enough to go there. I would love to visit there and see the historic places. Your hotel and pool look FAB!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos Jane....that sky....gets me every time, I so miss the blue. It looks such a pretty place. So glad you had a lovely time.
    I love the ice lollies and ice cream card. :)
    The weather was so grim today and cool too.
    Enjoy the rest of your week,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photographs and fabulous summer holiday card! Lovely design. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great photos and the sky looks so blue. What is that sculpture?? I tried to read it but couldn't. I love the side of the building which the colours could be used for card making. I love your card-very sweet...pun intended:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place to stay, gorgeous photos and a fabulous card for the hot weather we had, hope that wasn't our summer xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and we hope you will join us again next month.

    Helen x
    (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello! gorgeous photos...an adorable card too, luv the ice cream treats and design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ice cream treats!
    Perfect for a hot summer day!
    Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our Lazy Summer Days challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is so cute! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x