Wednesday 23 August 2017

Beach blues and greens

It's time for my 2nd inspiration card for our "Blues and Greens" challenge this month over at Country View Craft. For my first card  here I made a card for my Dad and today I am sharing the female one I made. At this time of the year I still think of the seaside blues and greens from happy family holidays...


  I decided to use a great Rubber Dance beach stamp for my focal and make a sealife frame.
I simply stamped and embossed it on an inky background.
I used my Tim ornate frame and added lots of textures and colour. I over heated the acryllic inks on purpose to get them to blister I added some Treasure Gold to give some extra interest.
 I really liked this effect.


I used blue and green distress inks to create my base card and added some Oxide stenciling. I used some of the stamps from the Dare to swim Visible Image stamp set to create an under the waves scene.


I die cut some sea themed elements and put on my creative hat.

Here is my finished blues and greens card.



I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Dies R us anything goes
Happy little stampers 2/3  anything goes with dies
Simon Says work it Wednesday 1/3 Favourite stamps
Addicted to stamps and more 1/3 anything goes
Frilly and Funkie 2/3 on the cutting edge
Deep Ocean 1/3 fave colour combo
Simon says stamp Wednesday add a sentiment
That's Crafty 2/3 only cards
Penny Black and More 2/3 all creatures great and small
Rubber Dance embossing as well as the stamped and embossed image I also added Frantage embossing powder to the frame.

You still have just over a week to enter our "blues and greens" August challenge over at Country View....you could be the lucky winner of a £20 shop voucher if you join the fun. Here is the link

Thanks for stopping by today.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

25 comments:

  1. A beautiful card in the blue and green livery and a gorgeous frame and stamped image. You created a fabulous underwater scene to go with it. The cold and cough is worse this morning, good job we cancelled this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful reminds me of summer, which looking out of the window this morning is very much a memory :/ Love your distressed frame very much x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant Jane, I love that background, and the way you've coloured your frame and used it around the Rubber Dance stamp is perfect. I've just used this frame for the first time so I shall be squirreling your technique away! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Rubber Dance and have a great week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blue and greens....definitely my fav colours....love the seaside theme too!!
    Sunshine here today after a thunderstorm last night which is quite unusual for us.
    Happy Wednesday my dear, I have my little friend here today,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work of art Jane! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything using Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Jane, such a romantic card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, Jane! I love the background and that awesome frame! Don't you love it when the paint goes from simply paint into something special with the mere touch of the heat gun? Such a lovely card and great photos, too! Hugs! S Thank you for sharing your artwork in our On the Cutting Edge challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background & I love all the texture you added to the frame! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes Using Dies" challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, my friend. Love the cool colors. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty Ocean inspired creation Jane, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love the background, the image is from my favorite beach stamp set, and the embellishments cluster is full of interest...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card dear Jane!
    Great dimension as well ;-)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Jane, love all the details in this sea theme card.
    Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fabulous card and I love, love your ideas implemented here. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, luv the process, thanks for sharing the steps....fabulous outcome! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your underwater-background is gorgeous, Jane! I love, how you finished the card with this lovely stamp in the frame and all the greenery and the cute seahorse!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing colours and a perfect underwater scenic card.Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@ATSM
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the way acrylic reacts when heated, your framed image looks fabulous. Thank you for joining the That's Crafty *Only Cards* Blog Challenge.
    Best Wishes Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love this piece! You created a wonderful sense of movement with your stamps and dimension with your die cuts. The color palette is fabulous. Pure eye candy right here! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie On the Cutting Edge Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a stunning scene! Awesome card.Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your frame, looks great.
    Thanks for sharing at HLS anything goes with dies. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x