Monday 4 December 2017

An ode to autumn 2017

Now that we have reached December autumn is fading fast and winter really is just around the corner. Darkness arrives by late afternoon and the temperature is dropping like a stone.

Autumn 2017 really has been quite exceptional here in the south of England. Warmer that normal temperatures and lots of sunshine kept the leaves on the trees and turned them into every fiery shade of gold, red and orange you could imagine. These have really fuelled my crafting muse and I thought I would share some of my favourite autumnal nature photos as a last ode to autumn.




Today is also my Monday inspiration for Visible Image and I decided to make an autumn sprite to say goodbye to this season of mists and mellow fruitfulness. 

I used distress oxide inks and the wonderful Face it! stamp set.



 I added masking fluid to keep her eyes white and then built up the inks using the wrinkle free technique.
I then used the Stencil to create her face by blending some more inks.

I removed the masking fluid and coloured her eyes and lips. I added some die cut cobwebs

 and leaves which were stamped with script from the Scripted Streets set. I gave some extra crackle too.

I also added details to her face from the Create it set. 


The sentiment is from the Imperfection is beauty set.

Meet my autumn sprite...
she is saying a fond farewell to autumn 2017.

I would like to enter her into the following challenges

Creative Artiste 1/3 anything goes mixed media
Craft Stamper Take it make it anything goes
Emerald Creek Dares anything goes
Noor UK anything goes
Simon says stampWednesday anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:




Thanks so much for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me, especially at this very busy time of the year....are you ready?

My naughty elf has been up to mischief again....

I caught him drinking gin at 10am yesterday!

Our tree is up and Billy is busy typing his post for you.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



14 comments:

  1. Thans for the tutorial its beautyful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant sprite Jane...her eyes are amazing!!
    That naughty elf, he's going to sozzled by Christmas at this rate! :)
    Happy new week lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fabulous Jane. You do great work with those oxides, the background is amazing. Love the addition of the web die cuts, and all the leaves are so wonderful with the different stamped designs. Beautiful photos, your world sure does glow with all the colours of the season! Love the elf. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the leafy photos and your card is evocative! I'm way past Autumn here and into winter fully.

    *********************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    *********************************************

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work using those products, Jane! The face looks fabulous, and it was fun to see how it came together. You've shared some beautiful fall color with us through your photos-thank you! Great to see the elf is getting his. My elves are still tucked away, but the gnome is making his rounds in our home. I think he has found the perfect hiding spot from humans; so far only the cats have been able to locate him. Looking forward to Billie's post! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos and your sprite is a beauty too. I'll look forward to seeing Billy's post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours of Autumn and your photos were just lovely. Look forward to reading the post from Billy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing make Jane - the build up of your make is really clear and great to follow - brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW,What Stunning photos.Love that Sprite soooo clever.Adorable boozy lil Elf.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The autumnal colors are really beautiful and the card is striking! Thanks for entering the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge :) xo Cheetarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had to come over after seeing this on fb. Autumnal colours have to be my favourite. Boy have you achieved, not only the colourway, a beautiful & atmospheric piece of art! I don't know what the "no wrinkle" technique is but wish it was available for my own face! Lol. All the detail from extra stamps, especially over her face, just superb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is just amazing! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so cool .... love the colours. Have a lovely Christmas, and thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing work! Thank you for taking part in Noor Design U.K. December Challenge! Elena DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x