Friday 23 March 2018

Use your wings

Good morning, it's time for my 2nd DT inspiration piece for our "postcards (anything 6"x4") challenge over at Country View. At the time of my first postcard we were covered in a blanket of snow and March had arrived "Like a lion".
Since then the Beast from the East returned again dumping more snow and giving us a real blast of cold weather.
I really hope that by next week we will feel that spring has properly arrived and that March goes out "Like a lamb".
Between these extremes of weather I have the bird life getting busy on the ponds and the fab "Dino Ducks" (or Egyptian Geese as they are really named) have returned.

You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with any other challenges. Your make can be anything creative! You may even be the lucky random winner of the £20 CVC voucher.

You can find all the details for the challenge here.

For my 2nd postcard I decided to really focus on the birds who are busy nest building everywhere. I used another piece of the backing card I made using distress oxides and cut it to the required 6"x4" size for the challenge.
 I added some sun rays using my Tim Holtz stencil and some mustard seed distress ink.

To make my nest I used my "organics" Visible Image stamps
I added some "birdsong" music stamping in the background (PaperArtsy) and then I stamped my Tim Holtz bird on top in brown archival.
I then added some chit chat words and a remnant rub to finish everything off. 
I wonder what adventures do await me this Spring...I will certainly be using my wings 😁

I would like to enter my spring postcard into the following challenges;

The Artistic stamper 3/3 stencils and masks
Craft stamper take it make it 3/3 March anything stamping goes
Double D 1/3 just wing it
Deep Ocean Easter/spring

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember that you have just 8 days left to get your postcards made and "posted" on the Country View Challenge blog  here.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. Magnificent interpretation of our challenge theme. Thanks for entering and showing your beautiful work at our "JUST WING IT" Challenge. Thanks for joining in and good luck in the draw.  Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe what a lovely postcard!! The birds are certainly very busy at the moment, I was walking through our local park earlier this week (when it wasn't raining) and the crows were making such a racket building nests!
    Happy weekend my friend, hoping for sunshine for us all,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos and AWESOME design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Just Wing It’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this artsy look, something that I would love to accomplish, but have a hard time with it. You do it very well. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D Challenge - Wing it.
    Barbara Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background! Love the added music staff too. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Wing It" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is very inspirational, Jane! It's also gorgeous. I hope your spring comes back. It's too cold here, too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the saying with this beautiful” card. I love the music sheet behind the bird and the greenery...so very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've illustrated nest building beautifully Jane! I love the background too, a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty, pretty, pretty! March seems very confused around me too, but my flowers aren't nearly as far along as yours. Happy belated birthday to your Pisces daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pretty bird postcard Jane. Such a lovely one for spring too. We love watching the birds in our garden at the moment...lots of nest building going on. Hope you had some sunshine today and are enjoying the weekend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful piece of artwork .... perfect for Spring. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x