Monday 26 March 2018

More Billy in his box fun

Good morning it's another Marvellous Monday and I am here to share my weekly Design Team project for Visible Image stamps. This week I am sharing a make inspired by my sweetest cat Billy. He has shared our home for nearly 10 years now and is just the dearest, most gentle cat you could meet.  In the winter you will find him on his favourite green chair.
He is very timid of strangers and never really strays further than our back garden in the summer.
 and he likes to sit on the veranda of my garden studio
One thing all cats love are boxes and yes Billy has his own one where he often takes a cat nap when it's a bit chilly.
My make today uses the brilliant Cat set of stamps
and yes his box influenced my make..here it is...
I made an inky background using distress ink and then stamped "Billy's" face. I coloured his eyes and nose with a gel pen. I added glossy accents to his eyes and nose to give them real cat like sparkle.
I cut a piece of cardboard packaging to make the surround and stamped the sentiment and paw prints which come in this set.  I cut a hole and then slits in the cardboard and then folded them back and stuck them down to form flaps.

Here are some close ups

Below is a side view to show the texture and a peep at the inside...

ha ha....Billy in the dark? I used white embossing powder for this.
and one last shot
This is such a fab set of stamps.
And one final photo to make you smile...yes Billy got in on the act as I took my photos...
such a funny boy and yes he even loves light boxes!
 I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says work it Wednesday 2/3 inky techniques mine was using distress inks to create Billy's fur.
Penny black and More 3/3 feature a creature

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:



and


Thanks for stopping by and for all your very kind comments you take the time to leave me. The sunshine returned last week and Billy and I are loved it. We have even managed some cuppas in the garden.

However there are threats that the Beast might be back for a 3rd visit next weekend...I really hope not as that it a very special weekend for me and I have plans!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

7 comments:

  1. Dear Jane

    I love this card (and Billy is gorgeous, but I am sure he already knows that!).
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe what a fantastic card, I really love it Jane!! It is just like Billy and the box is fabulous!!
    Billy is such a gorgeous boy, how cute is he sleeping in the box! :)
    I bet you don't want next weekend to be horrible!! ;) I don't either we have an Easter Egg hunt planned for the garden now that we have a little someone big enough to enjoy it and snow doesn't figure in the plans!!
    Happy new week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Billy is a real sweetie. The card is lovely too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billy is such a beautiful cat and your card is lovely. I hope you have good weather for your special plans and the beast stays well away! Have a Happy Easter xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Billy is a gorgeous, handsome, healthy boy. I hope you don't get a 3rd Beast storm! Your card is fabulous! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello you handsome boy,

    Jane did wonderful job with your portrait-card, wow! Wishing you all sunny days so you can enjoy those sunny spots in long weekend coming!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely cat card, and an especially gorgeous cat! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x