Saturday 3 March 2018

The snow from the East, beauty or the beast?

Well the Beast from the East certainly came roaring across the UK. On Wednesday it was not too bad and I was able to get down to Dotty's and took some photos as I walked. I must confess everything did look very pretty at that time. 

Even the pillar box looked very ornate with a hat of snow.

However Thursday and yesterday were a different case entirely. The wind was savage and the sky very threatening. Temperatures plummeted


My pots were heavy with snow.
and yes it's as cold as it looks, -4c during the day but with the wind chill more like -8c. One night it got down to -10...eek.  



Yesterday, on top of the snow ,we had freezing rain so our roads and pavement were like ice....and last night...more snow...My poor Hb's train broke down as the rails froze and he spent hours on buses finishing his journey. My son also had his ski trip postponed due to flight cancellations but fortunately got away today.


All my plans went out of the window. So I have stayed in the warm and taken advantage of the need to make some more male cards for Dotty's.
Here's one...I think the snow had an influence.  The sentiment is one of my fave old Lili of the Valley stamps I won years back. I stamped and fussy cut some Visible Image paper planes (which at least can't be cancelled dye to the weather) 😁

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Alphabet challenge 1/3 Y for your choice
Crafty Catz 1/3 anything goes
Crafting with an attitude 1/3 anything goes
Card mania 1/3  embossing, the sentiment and paper planes are all heat embossed
Crafty sentiments 2/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Cute card Thursday 1/3 anything goes

Much as I usually love the snow and would say it is a "Beauty", on this occasion it really has been the Beast from the East and I can't wait to see the back of it.

For those of you in the UK who are still affected by the Beast, stay safe and stay warm. It's at times like this that I really do appreciate that despite all the annoyances, cancellation etc that my family have experienced I have a warm roof over my head. It chills me to the core to think of anyone who is out on the streets or has got stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Enjoy your weekend, whatever your weather. It was actually slightly warmer this morning and some of the snow has started to ice but I think we have not quite seen the last of the snow yet.

I'm spending mine with the Beast, who I hope will have gone by Monday 😁

Bye for now,

Jane x



8 comments:

  1. I've just got back from Kew Gardens (always wanted to go in the snow) - Carshalton certainly looks gorgeous in snow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very cool card!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! And the Beast sure did leave you with some pretty countryside even if it's made life difficult for so many. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll certainly be glad to see the back of it!!
    Glad M got away on his holiday, he could have done with one of your little paper planes!!
    Enjoy your weekend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and love those paper planes, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Such a wonderful design! Love it!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Catz Challenge. Marlene GDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is very beautiful. I like her colors and awersome design.
    Thank you for joining our challenge in Crafting With An Attitude and I hope that next month we will meet again :-) Happy Easter.
    Bożena DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x