Thursday 14 June 2018

Wisley wonders

A few weeks ago I met my dear blogging friend Brenda at Wisley in Surrey. For those of you who are not familiar Wisley is one of the Royal Horticultural Society's gardens and is a real gem. My Hb and I used to go very regularly but I haven't been for about 6 years. Wow things there have really moved on..the plantings now are just gorgeous. These are a few photos from our lovely day.


A field of alliums.
Peonies the size of saucers.

and stunning alpines in the rock gardens.


Years ago my Hb and I bought a shrub from Wisely and could never remember its name...Brenda and I found it
 Cornus kousa var.chinesia ..a variety of dogwood
and here is my one at home...

We loved our visit so much that we already have a date in the diary to meet again in July and see Wisley in full summer mode.
For my card challenge today I am sharing a floral tag. The lovely girl dancer, nest and branch stamps  are by Rubber Dance. I coloured her with watercolour pens.
I added some Tim Holtz remnant rubs too and some die cut flowers and butterflies.
It sums up our wonderful day out.

I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges;

Rubber Dance 1/3  colour challenge or make a tag
Pixie's snippets playground #328
Creative artiste 1/3 anything goes #39
Penny Black and More 1/3 in the garden
The butterfly challenge letter M I have gone with 3 elements, moss green, mint green and marble effect (I achieved this using inks, stencilling and blending).
Simon says stamp Monday anything but a card
That's Crafty 2/3 A summer's day
Craft stamper take it make it June



Thanks for stopping by and for your very kind comments. Enjoy the end of the week and have a lovely weekend when we get there.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

18 comments:

  1. I used to love going to Wisley with my ex Hb but I don't drive so it's not easy to do on public transport, I did go a few years ago with a friend for a birthday day out and was amazed at the changes. Great photo and your tag is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my those alliums are stunning and the florets on your shrub are so pretty.
    A very apt little floral tag to mark your visit too! :)
    Happy Thursday my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is beautiful Jane, she looks so happy in her garden! Wisley looks fabulous too - I'd never get Neil away if I took him there! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Rubber Dance, and love to you all (and Billy) XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous flowers
    Your tag is lovelythank you for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tag is striking and evokes your day at this garden with the dancer twirling in the leafy garden. Love your pictures and the close ups are excellent. Did they plant edelweiss in the Alpine garden?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pictures and a gorgeous creation for our in the garden theme at Penny Black and More, so nice to see you joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Jane.. you got some great shot of some wonderful flowers.. my favorite was the stunning field of Alliums. Your tag is gorgeous as always. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh it ha been so many years since I last went that I have run out of fingers,thumbs and toes counting. Your marbling looks great on your pretty girl dancer tag. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pics of Wisley and it seems to have inspired you to make this amazing tag too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Iris is amongst my favorites but that field of alliums is gorgeous. I'm glad you had such a pleasant day out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely tag. Super stamps and great stitching detail.
    Thank you for joining in with our June challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to visit Wisley - it does look wonderful! Your tag is perfect for the Simon Says Monday Challenge! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tag is gorgeous! Love the fabulous background and the butterflies are so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tag Jane and what lovely photos of your day out. Wisley is such a lovely place to visit - always something new popping up. And so there should be I guess :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many lovely flowers! Gorgeous!! Love your tag, Jane! Very summery. Thank you so much for using some of our stamps and joining our June challenge at Rubber Dance! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. BEautiful tag! Thank you for playing with us at Rubber dance blog! Hugs, Asia

    ReplyDelete
  17. This tag is outstanding! AMAZING work. Thank you so much for using some of our stamps and playing along in our June challenge at Rubber Dance. xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! All these flowers! So beautiful! Your tag is also beautiful with all those sprinkled butterflies! Thank you for sharing it with us at That’s Crafty! X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x